Octave Divider

mqqse

Is there an octave divider/fuzz box hiding somewhere in the AX8? I’ve been looking but no luck.

There's the Octave Distortion which is based on the Octavia.

(ah... Unix beat me to it ;-)
Different answer...

Octave Divider gives you 1 and 2 Octaves below where the Octave Distortion gives you octave up.

Both good things, though :)

Maybe the octave distortion is more what I’m after? We play Blue on Black and that lead tone is easy to dial in with pedals, AX8 is a bit more challenging (for me).

Maybe the octave distortion is more what I’m after? We play Blue on Black and that lead tone is easy to dial in with pedals, AX8 is a bit more challenging (for me).
I play the same tune with the Octave thingy in the Drive Block on my AX8...convincing enuf for the cover.

care to share, I didn’t have much luck creating something usable today.
You'll want to use your neck pickup and play up around the 12th fret or higher.

I prefer to stack the Octave drive with another drive block. I like the drive level low on the Octave use the other drive block to bring the heat.

I don't have a preset like that right now but you should be able to get pretty close.

You'll want to use your neck pickup and play up around the 12th fret or higher.

I prefer to stack the Octave drive with another drive block. I like the drive level low on the Octave use the other drive block to bring the heat.

I don't have a preset like that right now but you should be able to get pretty close.
This good info Unix, the solo in BonB starts at the the 10th fret, my strat neck p/u is selected. I actually have the drive over 75%, and using the rotary block set for 1/8 note tempo. It's pretty nasty sounding, but fits the cover.

care to share, I didn’t have much luck creating something usable today.

I have found that, with the AX8, what works best for me when using the octave divider is putting the block in parallel with a 100% mix and using the block's level to mix it with the 'dry' signal.

OTOH with the Pitch block overhaul for the Axe Fx III I find myself struggling so much less, if none at all, to get nice octaver sounds.

Back
Top Bottom