Octave Dist

roverdog

I am a newer AF2 user and just received my MFC-101 so its time to start building my own presets!

I will be asking a few questions as I go along so forgive me if this subject has been raised in the past
I have the Fulltone Octafuzz pedal and use it with the little switch set to Octa with the boost set at less than 12:00 and am trying to use the Octave Dist to replicate what my analog pedal does. The full tone pedal has a Volume and Boost pot as well as a switch for Octa or Fuzz.

Any idea as to duplicate this switch? I imagine it is playing around with the EQ some how to bring out the higher octave

Another alternative would be to run the pedal in front of the AXE, which does sound really good but when I play out the less I have to carry, the better!

Thanks

AxeFx octave is really good. If you want to switch between it and a regular fuzz the best way would be to use two drive blocks and switch between them.

Thanks for the responses.

When I run effects into my amp I have the Octafuzz set at the octave setting(toggle switch set at octa with the boost set at around 10 o.clock) as I use another pedal for fuzz after it(Fulltone 69 or 70 or Soulbender) and that is how I want to set up my Axe(using 2 drive blocks), using the Octave Drive into another drive block.

I did see Yek's Mother of all pedal thread and have ab idea on how to bring out the octave more.

Gotta say I love the AXE but there are some pedals that I will probably run through the Axe and the Octafuzz is one of them. The other is my BOSS acoustic simulator (AC-3). The other thing I'm going to check out is using my Eventide Factor pedals through the Axe effects loop. Fun times ahead!!

Try:

1. Use the octave fuzz drive block.
2. If you are using SC pups, change the input impedance to 1M + cap.
3. Try putting a compressor block after the fuzz before the amp block. Take the default pedal comp settings.

With this and a strat, I get a much more pronounced octave and with the comp after the drive, the drive is much more dynamic to picking.

Richard

Try:

1. Use the octave fuzz drive block.
2. If you are using SC pups, change the input impedance to 1M + cap.
3. Try putting a compressor block after the fuzz before the amp block. Take the default pedal comp settings.

With this and a strat, I get a much more pronounced octave and with the comp after the drive, the drive is much more dynamic to picking.

Richard

Thanks Richard,
I'll try that.

Back
Top Bottom