OC-2 like octaver preset/block?

harmaes

Inspired
I find it hard to get the pitch block Octave divider to sound close to an OC-2 like sound. It seems to be darker and I think I might need to combine it with a drive block and maybe a filter.

Anyone created something comparable to the OC-2b

Try the Ring Modulator in Tracking mode. It's my favorite "octaver" sound.

Of course Pitch:Fixed Harmony works well too, and can be dialed in more precisely.

@yek Sounds very cool with the Ringmod. Also tracks very well with bass.
A little more aggressive when setting the highcut around 2,5Khz.

I created a P-Bass preset using the ringmod as octaver and uploaded it to Axechange: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5664

This is a P-Bass preset with 8 scenes using different combinations of blocks (Q-Wah - Octaver - PI Fuzz - Pitch etc):

1. Cleanish P-Bass tone
2. Dirtier Q-wah / envelope filter
3. Ringmod Octave Below with Q-Wah
4. Ringmod Octave Below
5. Ringmod Octave Below with Filtered Q-Wah
6. PI Fuzz
7. Pitch (Chorus Detune)
8. Delay / Reverb

I'm using the Ownhammer AMPGBASS 410 OH-US FAT RBN EQ impulse respone.

Attachments

• Ringmod OC-2_20170728_194115.blk
    124 bytes · Views: 25
Just tried it with the fretless jazz on the bridge pickup adding the pitch (detune) which makes it sound a lot like the Pino Palladino sound in Paul Young's - I´m gonna tear your Playhouse down. Maybe you want to turn down the drive level of the FET boost if necessary. :)

Thank you very much Harry for sharing it, I lost couple of hours just jamming on scene 3. Sounds great with my Warwick PJ ;)

@yek Sounds very cool with the Ringmod. Also tracks very well with bass.
A little more aggressive when setting the highcut around 2,5Khz.

I created a P-Bass preset using the ringmod as octaver and uploaded it to Axechange:

This is a P-Bass preset with 8 scenes using different combinations of blocks (Q-Wah - Octaver - PI Fuzz - Pitch etc):

1. Cleanish P-Bass tone
2. Dirtier Q-wah / envelope filter
3. Ringmod Octave Below with Q-Wah
4. Ringmod Octave Below
5. Ringmod Octave Below with Filtered Q-Wah
6. PI Fuzz
7. Pitch (Chorus Detune)
8. Delay / Reverb

I'm using the Ownhammer AMPGBASS 410 OH-US FAT RBN EQ impulse respone.

Anyway someone could upload these as individual blocks to be used with the FX8??

Any and all help is
Greatly Appreciated!!!

Shawn

Edit - had to remove links cause I'm a newbie......

Can you load it with Fractool?

I literally just got the fx8 and a quick search came up with answers to similar questions but from 2015/2016....sounds like things have changed???

After work and tomorrow is full of updating and loading everything on the unit and PC's, just trying to get ahead of the game.

After I made the trade for the FX8 I saw posts saying the FX8 + Bass guitar was not a great combo. Looking for nice filters and Claypooly Oct/fuzz, OD/filter sounds. As well as clean comps and the usual.

I literally just got the fx8 and a quick search came up with answers to similar questions but from 2015/2016....sounds like things have changed???

After work and tomorrow is full of updating and loading everything on the unit and PC's, just trying to get ahead of the game.

After I made the trade for the FX8 I saw posts saying the FX8 + Bass guitar was not a great combo. Looking for nice filters and Claypooly Oct/fuzz, OD/filter sounds. As well as clean comps and the usual.
Well Claypool uses an AX-8 as part of his system - not sure exactly what blocks he's running. So someone saying FX8+Bass isn't a great combo is just expressing like.. their opinion, man...

Well Claypool uses an AX-8 as part of his system - not sure exactly what blocks he's running. So someone saying FX8+Bass isn't a great combo is just expressing like.. their opinion, man...

You are entering a world of pain. You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.
A world of pain.
Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a sh*t about the rules?

Anyway someone could upload these as individual blocks to be used with the FX8??

Any and all help is
Greatly Appreciated!!!

Shawn

Not sure if and how this works with the FX8 but I've exported most of the BLK files from the preset and added an image on how it's setup. The first drive block is a PI Fuzz, the 2nd one is a FET Boost. The first PEQ block is for boosting lows and the second is for a clean split.

Here's a link to a zip file on my dropbox containing the blocks and the image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmh40vyz6qeq0rf/P-Bass Preset Blocks.zip?dl=0

Using Axe Edit you can find the location of your blocks folder in the Preferences and copy the blocks in to their respective folders. If someone knows howthe blocks can be placed there in a different way that would be helpful?

Back
Top Bottom