Obligatory NGD Tune, Video, pics

Narsh

Experienced
I sold one of my Kiesel/Carvins that I wasn't using much and decided to grab this gorgeous Ibanez Six6FDFM.

While I'm still trying to get used it and the pickups (still on the fence), I decided to put a record a quick tune and noodle video.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions for a pickup swap.

-Narsh

Sorry about the shady sound quality, I took this with my Iphone.

And pics of the guitar (which kinda looks a lot like a Mayones)

Ibanez6dfm1.jpg Ibanez6dfm2.jpg

LMAO that's your "noodling", man my best playing is jealous of your "noodling! sounds great, and you seem to play it with ease. so she seems like a keeper to me!

Nice Narsh. Looks like a great new addition. I am a big ibby fan and have an easy time picking pups for basswood ibbys but harder time for Mahogany. 2 pups I've had in S guitars that I liked in the bridge were Duncan Distortion and DiMarzio D'Activator X. Maybe a set of Narshbuckers since they work so well in the PRS Tremonti?

Also - I noticed the noodle video of the Schecter Sun Valley Shredder - like all Schecters that looks like a really nice guitar for the money. How do you like that one? How about the pickups? I've never seen those EMGs before. Do they sound like actives or passives?

Nice Narsh. Looks like a great new addition. I am a big ibby fan and have an easy time picking pups for basswood ibbys but harder time for Mahogany. 2 pups I've had in S guitars that I liked in the bridge were Duncan Distortion and DiMarzio D'Activator X. Maybe a set of Narshbuckers since they work so well in the PRS Tremonti?

Also - I noticed the noodle video of the Schecter Sun Valley Shredder - like all Schecters that looks like a really nice guitar for the money. How do you like that one? How about the pickups? I've never seen those EMGs before. Do they sound like actives or passives?

I was thinking about it - I have a new custom set being put together that is very similar to the Dimarzio Fred and PAF Joe pickups. I was originally going to throw those in the JS but I've noticed the stock pickups on the JS100 have this innocent, almost child like quality to them that I really want to preserve, so I may throw them in the Iron Label S. The issue I find is that the pickups sit really close to the strings and I can't lower them any more so they tend to sound "gainy" for lack of a better word. Kinda squishy if you know what I mean. I'll try building a different patch but since the body is so small I may have to look at different options there.

The Sun Valley Shredder is a great guitar. I didn't like it at the music store months back when I first tried it and opted for the JP100D, but I got a stupid deal on this one and had to grab it. After a string change and proper setup it plays and sounds fantastic. The EMG's sound like passive pickups, and they respond dynamically just like a passive does. The neck is sooo comfortable too.
In comparison to the Ibby, the neck on the Schecter is a nice thick C shape - I hadn't played a newer Ibanez in quite some time and compared to my 87' RG570, the neck on this one is super thin. (and the RG is thin!)

I guess now that I am a bit older, the thin flat neck's aren't my preference. I still like it though - my fingers really let loose on the Ibby, but I have a lot more control on the Schecter, almost like the Ibby is a ferrari where you have to drive with finesse and the Schecter is like an old school muscle car that likes to be abused and have the tail whip out on turns. ;)

What a beautiful guitar! I like the lack of board markers too.
Pickup suggestion, P-Rails set.
That chair !!!!!!!
Happy New Year everyone. May your G.A.S. wishes all come true.

I'm jealous you can get your grub on at both Ted's Hot Dogs and Guido's Taco Shop in Gilbert !!!

I will have to check both of those places out. I have a Mugsy Dogs near by which is sick! Awesome Hot Dogs - but will definitely check those two out.

Nice playing - very fluid!

Regarding swapping the PUs - I used to put DiMarzios in all my guitars. Since, I've switched over to Bare Knuckle PUs and found they offer a lot more note clarity - they seem to shave a lot of the mud around each note off, so everything just sounds cleaner and tighter. As to which ones, I have a variety of them in my guitars, including the Holy Diver (B, ceramic), Nail Bomb (N), Cold Sweat (B, N), and Miracle Man (B). I also had a set of Juggernauts in an Ibanez j. Custom I sold, but I wasn't a huge fan of them. I love all other other ones though. Sound clips are available on the Bare Knuckle page.

Nice playing - very fluid!

Regarding swapping the PUs - I used to put DiMarzios in all my guitars. Since, I've switched over to Bare Knuckle PUs and found they offer a lot more note clarity - they seem to shave a lot of the mud around each note off, so everything just sounds cleaner and tighter. As to which ones, I have a variety of them in my guitars, including the Holy Diver (B, ceramic), Nail Bomb (N), Cold Sweat (B, N), and Miracle Man (B). I also had a set of Juggernauts in an Ibanez j. Custom I sold, but I wasn't a huge fan of them. I love all other other ones though. Sound clips are available on the Bare Knuckle page.

Thanks man,

I'm actually not a huge BKP fan. I've tried a few BKP loaded guitars before and while the notes were crazy clear, they tended to come out super harsh and would have had me working hours tweaking my patches just to make them work for me. Same happened with Kiesel Lithiums.

Back
Top Bottom