1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T.....DARE/Vinny Burns re-record album

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by lundhamselv, Jul 12, 2018 at 2:59 AM.

1. lundhamselv

lundhamselv
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I know it might not belong in this section, but since Vinny Burns posts here sometimes - and uses an Axe FX II (I think....) I thought I would put it here........and I haven't seen it mentioned.....so

Dare have re-recorded their debut album Out Off The Silence and it sounds really good. Check it out - and maybe Vinny will share a coment about the guitar sounds - and share some presets

Cheers
    Søren

Whistler likes this.
  2. #2 Steffen, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 9:16 PM
    Steffen

Steffen
    Expand Collapse
    New here

He used a Custom Audio 3+SE preamp and a Mesa Boogie 295 power amp into a standard Marshall 1960 stereo cab for the whole album.
    But he used the Axe fx ii xl on Sacred Ground.

I’ve seen them live 4 times, and last time i saw them, he used the Ax8, but before that he used A mesa boogie mark iii and the axe fx ii before switching to the ax8

Loved the new album, but the original has a special place in my heart..

3. lundhamselv

lundhamselv
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

OK - I thought he used the Axe.
    Yes the original album is great, but I think the new one is a little more in-your-face soundwise, which I like ;-)

4 times live....cool. I've only seen them once - in Copenhagen in '89 I think......supporting Europe. Great show from both.

Søren

4. Powers of Ten

Powers of Ten
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

He actually has my old 3+SE, a great sounding preamp!