Nylon string guitar simulation

I really need to do some tone matches of my concert classical, and shoot some IRs of the body.

Someday... (have kids)

funnily enough, i tried a tonematch the other day. i've had great success tonematching a gibson dreadnought for my graphtech piezo...sounds really, really good....but the nylon didn't work quite as well. i think i just need to find better source material.

Hmm, I don't have a decent nylon guitar at the moment - my son kind of ruined it when learning the guitar...

I even wanted to use the nylon simulation with a Les Paul with Pearly Gates humbuckers - you think this might work? The acoustic simulation works surprisingly well.

I even wanted to use the nylon simulation with a Les Paul with Pearly Gates humbuckers - you think this might work? The acoustic simulation works surprisingly well.

Could you share the sim you already have please doc? Is it the one Scott Peterson did..?

I haven't tried any and tend to use a piezo, but am intrigued to hear it with a humbucker
thumbsup.gif

Even guitar modelers like the Variax and Roland VG systems don't produce such a great nylon string tone. They sound like a bad classical guitar with a horrible pickup, with a bit of banjo thrown in . I haven't yet tone matched my VG sim to a good nylon guitar. Perhaps it will help.

I have been using the "guitar modeling" in my GR-55 thru my Axe FX 2. I plan on tome matching the real guitars with the models. I'm curious how the nylon will sound. That being said, I think Simeon is right, having a good source is key.

Not technically an emulation but the best nylon tone I've heard are the Fishman Aura Nylon "profiles". (Which I assume use an IR of some kind?)

But these really are designed to be used with actual nylon guitars to morph under saddle transducer pickups to sound more like a microphone on an acoustic instrument.

I'm guessing this is like a live tone match in the AxeFx? Deconvolving the under saddle signal with a microphone signal of the same source, i.e. while you strum chords up and down the neck.

In the end, you'll just buy a classical guitar with a piezo like I did. EQ/reverb ain't gonna do it.

I hate the sound of piezo ust pickups with classical guitars. They are quacky with steel string guitars but on classical guitars, they just wreck it.

I either mic my classical, or use an Epiphone solid body SST classical with the Fishman Aura pedal to kill the piezo quack.

I hate the sound of piezo ust pickups with classical guitars. They are quacky with steel string guitars but on classical guitars, they just wreck it.
The Fishman Matrix Infinity piezo has little to no quack on my steel string, and on my classical it sounds quite right.

Back
Top Bottom