NYE.PARTY.2023 - Free Axe-Fx III Preset!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Got an Axe-Fx III and an FC Controller? Here's some NEW YEAR'S EVE FUN for you!
I made a quick video to show how it works. Use this preset to perform AULD LANG SYNE (or whatever else you want).
Post your own clips below. Surely you can play a solo where I only peck out the bare-bones melody while tap dancing.

BACK STORY
Many years ago, I was working over FaceTime with George Pajon of the Black Eyed Peas on a preset demonstrating sidechain compression on the Axe-Fx. It was designed to be used with a kick drum, but he didn't have a backing track or drum machine. You may remember the result because I've told this part of the story before: I used a Synth block to create a kick drum sound in the Axe-Fx. We were all set to use that... but (long story short...) some unbelievably crazy things happened instead. Fast forward a bit... I later released an Axe-Fx II preset called "Disco Party" that had some other goodies besides that kick drum. Now, as the years have gone by and the capabilities of the Axe-Fx have made a massive leap forward. I wondered what I could do with that same kind of preset. The result is nothing short of loads of ridiculous fun. The "drum machine" is much improved. There are now diatonic "synth" chords added above a squelchy synth bass. Scene Controllers allow the use of an FC to trigger six different chords (plus a bonus minor IV chord when you press and hold Scene 2), and an expression pedal changes the band from "pumping" to "groovy" mode.

DOWNLOAD THE PRESET:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/_gift22/NYE.PARTY.M2023.zip

NOTES:
Firmware Requirements: Axe-Fx III Turbo 21.0 or newer

An FC-6 or FC-12 is required to change scenes. Use FACTORY DEFAULT LAYOUT #2 (Scenes)
  • Two per-preset switches are built in:
  • Tap Scene 1 again to toggle to STOP.
    Press and Hold the Scene 2 footswitch to change from A major to A minor (minor IV chord)
"External 1" toggles groove mode, as seen in the video.

A compromised but functional Axe-Fx III Standard Version is now included in the zip file.

Last edited:
For a different kind of fun, remove the scene controllers from the pitch of SYNTH 2 voices 2 and 3 and turn "Track" for each of those voices to Pitch+Env. Now, you're driving the chords based on what you play instead of changing them by using scenes. This is nice when you have another instrumentalist to perform the melody.

You are my freakin' hero! No Turbo here..:( Would it fit a Mark 1 with the Reverb removed?
Wondered that too, but how could we actually get that going? Wouldn't some blocks get removed on import, before we even get to juggle them around?

That’s crazy! I can’t wait to try this out!

I use this thing every and have for a few years, but I’m still just shocked and impressed someone could make that happen on this thing.

That was some serious inspiration! What a way to kick off the new year... guess the "Gift of Tone" is still going after all! Thanks Matt!

Amazing what you can make the fractal unit do. I have no FC but will follow your guide and see what happens 😊 .
Great story how this preset came together. The blocks will end up in the global block section to experiment with for sure.

Thank you for this ultimate gift
Have a great newyears eve 🙏

Cheers 🍻

Back
Top Bottom