Now This Is Some Tone (Marco Sfogli Video - Mesa Mark V content)!

shredi knight

Power User
Now This Is Some Tone (Marco Sfogli Video - Mesa Mark V content) Updated - New Video

Marco Sfogli playing a new song through a Mesa Mark V combo (sorry, no Axe FX :cry).

The tone in this clip actually sounds very close to my current (it always seems to be in a state of being tweaked/improved) Mark IV patch on my Axe Standard, so no Mark V GAS for me (or Axe II GAS for that matter :D).

Enjoy:

Edit - Another video posted today from the same session:

Last edited:
Love this! This would also be one of the tones "in my head". Hope it won't take me too long to dial in something like this on my new Axe II. It shows up tomorrow. :)

thanks for posting this.

the mark v is the result of 40 years of randall smith's experience designing high performance tube amps and it sounds like it! i like the camera work at the end of that video too!

i wonder what we might behold should we someday be so lucky to get our hands on 40 years of cliff chase innovation...

Reactions: jon
thanks for posting this.

the mark v is the result of 40 years of randall smith's experience designing high performance tube amps and it sounds like it! i like the camera work at the end of that video too!

i wonder what we might behold should we someday be so lucky to get our hands on 40 years of cliff chase innovation...

World peace?

I would love to get that tone out my AxeII with my poweramp and cab setup. Just can't seem to dial it in yet.

Far being it from me to tell any player how he should play. What a great player. But gee, thats copping way too much from Andy Timmons. I guess he really digs AT.
And I'm not gonna tell Bonamassa to not cop EJ's licks and vibe either, lol.
Still looking for my own voice too.

Ahh this explains it.

Guitar Messenger – Marco Sfogli Interview

Ha... That's what I was hearing before I read your post, got to love it though it sounds really nice.

Marco Sfogli playing a new song through a Mesa Mark V combo (sorry, no Axe FX :cry).

The tone in this clip actually sounds very close to my current (it always seems to be in a state of being tweaked/improved) Mark IV patch on my Axe Standard, so no Mark V GAS for me (or Axe II GAS for that matter :D).

Any chance you could share your patch? :) You might save me a couple grand, haha.

Marco is awesome, and I've watched this video about 300 times. Brilliant phrasing, and that tone is absolutely glorious.

Back
Top Bottom