Now rack 11 is better.... Haha

I used to have an Eleven Rack. It was actually pretty decent. Was it better than the AxeFx II? No. But for the money it was pretty good.

If you follow Joe Gilder (homestudiocorner.com), he just released an album. As far as I know, he used the Eleven Rack for all the electric guitars, and it sounds good.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you only have about $600 to spend, the Eleven Rack is a good option. I just don't know how much longer it will be supported since it's an older piece of gear. And of course, its updates aren't free. But it does come with a copy of Pro Tools.

I'm lucky that I was able to afford the AxeFx II. My financial situation has changed since I bought my AxeFx II a couple years ago, and I certainly couldn't buy one now.

Interesting... in the first 4 minutes he is making the Axe sound like it's a massive investment. "Around 4 thousand dollars" "the foot controller is a grand". Why is it that people have to exaggerate things to get their point across? If he had quoted actual prices I probably would have listened to the rest of the commentary but at that point I was done.

Who the eff is Joe Gilder. You took obscure to a level even Dennis Miller would be impressed with.

I still have my 11R. Haven't turned it on since the arrival of my II nearly three years ago.

Have them both - apples to oranges. I bought the 11R the first the units were at most retailers. However, after receiving my Axe II a few months ago, I didn't play through it anymore. Saw this thread and plugged into it, then into the Axe, then back into the 11R.

It's good, but it is not in the same league as the Axe.

Not everyone lives in the USA. The economy is such that 3250 could easily be 4 grand in another country. That's not including shipping, taxes, or warranty.

I understand that not everyone lives in the US, and I know that it costs more for the guys that live overseas or other countries which does suck and is unfortunate. I was assuming that this interview was a done in the US, I will dig a little deeper on that just for my own FYI. My comment was based on this assumption and directed to the way he goes about quoting the price of the Axe. He makes it sounds like 4k is for the Axe FX and you need another 1k for the MFC.

To quote his exact words "You know if you buy one of those new I think they are upwards of 4 grand" "The foot controller alone is like a thousand dollars" At this point he's not really separating the two items so I felt it was a misleading statement. If he had said something like, in the US the Axe FX retails for $2,499. and the foot controller is another $749, when you say in that manner it doesn't sound as expensive as he's making it out to be.

So for people that don't know it sounds like you have to pony up 5k for an Axe and the foot controller which we all know is incorrect and so does he if he has done any basic research on the product. Over stating price on anything you have to buy in order to get across a point you are trying to make about another one is an obvious attempt to tear down one and build up another... enter the eleven rack. Whichever way you slice it intended or not it this is a slick and very low pressure sales pitch for Eleven rack... which I get, he's buds with Gary who is a real nice guy and is mentioning the gear he uses.

Last edited:
This is a thinly-veiled advertizement for the Eleven Rack. The "second" guy (listening to the guy describing it) is a dick, plain and simple. This ad is full of misinformation and criticisms based on lies.

Right off the bat, some claims about the Axe-FX:

The second guy claims the power amp simulations are not convincing by qualifying the first guy's comments with a skeptical "to some extent'. Like this guy has ever put an Axe through its paces. Asshole.
It is not intuitive (coming from an a-hole who is unfamiliar with it). How do you know it's not intuitive???? Asshole.
It costs $4000. They keep harping on this lie. "That's crazy." "It costs a fortune". Wrong. Do some elementary research before you make an asshole of yourself. Asshole.
It requires proprietary connection for a foot controller (can't use midi). I use a Gordius, and could use any of the plethora of foot controllers out there. Asshole.

Some comments about the Eleven Rack:

"Are there amp models in it???" You're kidding, right? Asshole.
"I guess it is somewhat analog, but it's a digital device". What the hell does that mean? Asshole.
They talk about how awesome the automatic input impedance selector is (even though they don't know what to call it), but then talk about how placing a Tube Screamer before it adds great buffering. Must be true, the Avid guy said so. Asshole.

These guys are an embarrassment unto themselves. They throw around buzz words with absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I think the Eleven Rack is a great piece of gear for the money, as is the Axe. But shills like this really turn me off.

They also talk about how awesome it is if you buy a tube screamer to put in front of it. Good thing axe's emulate them and almost to a T.

Jeff Bober is the man behind Budda amps and now East Amps. He has a vested interest in selling his tube amps. I didn't listen to much of it, but why is Jol Dantzig's name in the url?

Nonsense. Everyone lives in the USA, and everyone knows it.

it's funny you should say this, i visited the states last year, and i found it quite amusing when watching the evening news that first there was the "local" news, being everything that was going on in that particular town/county, then they had the "world" news, which was just news from the rest of the country! Goes to show that the rest of the world doesn't exist to a lot of americans

It's kind of frustrating to listen to those guys who never touched an AxeFx , take the liberty to make comparisons on radio . The host at least , he should read a minimum of the AxeFx description before he opens the f.?./k-up ;)

it's funny you should say this, i visited the states last year, and i found it quite amusing when watching the evening news that first there was the "local" news, being everything that was going on in that particular town/county, then they had the "world" news, which was just news from the rest of the country! Goes to show that the rest of the world doesn't exist to a lot of americans

You can't trust what you watch on commercial TV here in the states especially the news, nothing short of brainwashing for the masses.

Goes to show that the rest of the world doesn't exist to a lot of americans
That's because most americans would be scared and confused if they hear physical units measured in meters or joule instead of "the size of seven football fields" or "the power of fifty jet engines". ;)

As I stated in a follow up to the post your answering to, it's not that the rest of the world does't exist........they just don't matter. :lol

Back
Top Bottom