Now Listening To...

Oddly enough, my wife has recently developed a major obsession with INXS, who have been one of my favorite bands for years. So that's all we've heard around here for a while...

We're also working through the Beatles Anthology DVD set, which a co-worker pointed me to a used copy of, great stuff.

Guess my coolness card is gonna get revoked, if I ever had one that is.

We're also working through the Beatles Anthology DVD set, which a co-worker pointed me to a used copy of, great stuff.
@Dave Merrill ill If you have Sirius XM, check it this weekend for a possible airing of their "Magical History Tour" which often shows up around Labor Day. It's every song, in order, with excellent commentary. You can listen on demand for two weeks if it airs.

Oddly enough, my wife has recently developed a major obsession with INXS, who have been one of my favorite bands for years. So that's all we've heard around here for a while...

Guess my coolness card is gonna get revoked, if I ever had one that is.

Not by me. :)

New Jason Bieler track. For those that remember the late 80's band Saigon Kick, he was the guitarist, main songwriter and took over lead singer duties after the first two releases. Big harmonies, very eclectic and sometimes just plain weird stuff. They got lumped in with the 80's hair bands, but were on a whole other level. Anyway, he put out a new album under the name Jason Bieler And The Baron Von Bielski Orchestra. Most of the songs have guest artists from other bands you'd know. [Dave Ellefson, Bumblefoot, Devin Townsend, etc.]

This is off the full length release earlier this year. Very much in the Saigon Kick vein.

Last edited:
Jason's a huge fan of Fractal Audio and is on the short list for an FM9.
Very cool. Given his interest and ability to do these wall of sound type songs and big tones, etc. I guess that doesn't really come as a shock to me. I'm really, really hoping he and Dev do a full album collaboration. I never realized how similar they are as artist and really hadn't even imagined both of them in the same thought before til I saw Devin guested on one of the album tracks.

Last thing I listened to was a CD I burned of piano based Cat Stevens songs. Then I jammed on a high gain preset on my FM3. Makes sense, right?

Oh, we're going this?

I enjoy the lo-fi and the dark/retro/synth wave for the background music. Here's a heapin' helpin':
Same here, I use that LoFi Girl channel all the time for working on stuff, looks like I have some other channels to check out today though. I was doing maintenance on several guitars over the weekend and just kept the lo-fi going the whole time; actually quite a soothing/therapeutic combination to slowly work on my guitars with the chilled out background music.

Bonus... I find it really fun to jam with :)

zombie frogs- awaken (dream theater clone from Berklee), and necrophagist first album onset of putrefaction

Back
Top Bottom