Now I'm using the AFX to help dial in the actual amp haha

cardinal

Inspired
When I first got the AFX, I seemed to really need the real amp with me to help dial in the AFX (no deep editing, mostly to help figure out where to put the virtual master volume).

Last night was tinkering with my Tremoverb and could not get it sounding right. So I fired up the AFX, applied my settings from the Recto1 sim to the Tremoverb, and there was the sound I wanted.

Just thought it was funny.

Ha, I did the same thing today. Fired up my old Plexi and I thought it didn't sound right. Called up the Plexi model on the Axe-Fx and that did sound right so I knew something was amiss. Gave the amp a good rap on the side and then it sounded right.
What is the digital equivalent of hitting the side of the cabinet when we think our modeler isn’t sounding right? Switching presets? Cycling the power? Hitting our monitors or our own head? :)

Ive found its a lot easier to get the model to sound like the amp than it is to get the amp to sound like the model. Not really sure why.

Ive found its a lot easier to get the model to sound like the amp than it is to get the amp to sound like the model. Not really sure why.
Can it be that you are playing lately mostly through studio monitors/FRFR and recently your hands and ears are more tuned to it?

This is the case for me, but if i play for couple of days, consistently through a guitar cab again, it switches, than i start feeling like it’s easier to dial in or play through the cab/amp in the room.

But regardless, since the pandemic i play mostly in studio doing recordings, monitoring through studio speakers.

Can it be that you are playing lately mostly through studio monitors/FRFR and recently your hands and ears are more tuned to it?

This is the case for me, but if i play for couple of days, consistently through a guitar cab again, it switches, than i start feeling like it’s easier to dial in or play through the cab/amp in the room.

But regardless, since the pandemic i play mostly in studio doing recordings, monitoring through studio speakers.
Never considered this. I’m exclusively in front of monitors or a wedge.

Back
Top Bottom