Now full member of the Axe Fx 3 family

GuitarLife

Got my Axe Fx 3 two days ago, exactly wednesday, sent from G66 in Germany. I'm coming from Axe Fx 2 XL + - and had the feel I just had to switch, couldn't help it.
Sold my Axe 2 and MFC 101 for about half of the price and I could then purchase just Axe Fx 3 for about 1/3 of the price, considering the money I had for the Axe Fx 2. After being a pre-owner of Axe Fx 2, Axe Fx 3 seems to be just plug and play. Plugged it in to my Apollo Silverface sound card, as it have separate out to Yamaha DXR12 FR/FR speakers and turned up Out1 on Axe fx and here we go.

Is it better then? Yes I think so, in many ways.. Much more user friendly, also with the Axe edit 3 and sounds a little more naturally to me, kind of tube-ish, of what I have heard to now. Now I have to save up for FC6 or FC12..
I think it will be FC6, as I can see it's possible to connect 2x FC6 in series, and buy the next later. Or is this a misunderstanding?

Got my Axe Fx 3 two days ago, exactly wednesday, sent from G66 in Germany. I'm coming from Axe Fx 2 XL + - and had the feel I just had to switch, couldn't help it.
Sold my Axe 2 and MFC 101 for about half of the price and I could then purchase just Axe Fx 3 for about 1/3 of the price, considering the money I had for the Axe Fx 2. After being a pre-owner of Axe Fx 2, Axe Fx 3 seems to be just plug and play. Plugged it in to my Apollo Silverface sound card, as it have separate out to Yamaha DXR12 FR/FR speakers and turned up Out1 on Axe fx and here we go.

Is it better then? Yes I think so, in many ways.. Much more user friendly, also with the Axe edit 3 and sounds a little more naturally to me, kind of tube-ish, of what I have heard to now. Now I have to save up for FC6 or FC12..
I think it will be FC6, as I can see it's possible to connect 2x FC6 in series, and buy the next later. Or is this a misunderstanding?
You are correct about 2 FC6, and worth waiting, one may be enough for you. Have fun, and be well!

That is where I landed. I started out with the FC12, sold it, and got two FC6es.
20200404_213010.jpg

Congratulations on the Axe Fx III. It's a beast of a machine, and was a definite upgrade from the II. I use an RJM pedal, but did get a chance to check out the FC pedal, and it is pretty awesome partnered with the III. You'll like it.

Back
Top Bottom