Nothing Special

Nice! I was expecting a Gilmour-ish lead to start up about 1:20... You know, that singing lead tone?

I hear both Knopfler and Gilmour in different phrases. Great atmosphere!

Thanks , yes Knopfler is one of my biggest influences, he's clean tone i probably one of my top 5 to aim for.
Never really explored Gilmour but I understand what you mean by singing lead tone. Maybe i'll expand on it another time. It was only improvised anyway.

Can ask a quick question.
Was there enough Bass (low end, not actual instrument) and was it too bright overall? or was it something that you didn't notice?

(i have plan for acoustic treatment that starts tomorrow :) )

Thanks , yes Knopfler is one of my biggest influences, he's clean tone i probably one of my top 5 to aim for.
Never really explored Gilmour but I understand what you mean by singing lead tone. Maybe i'll expand on it another time. It was only improvised anyway.

Can ask a quick question.
Was there enough Bass (low end, not actual instrument) and was it too bright overall? or was it something that you didn't notice?

(i have plan for acoustic treatment that starts tomorrow :) )
Yeah, I'm not all that well versed in Gilmour, but you know it when you hear it!

I was listening only on my iPad speakers, so my judgement of the overall sound is probably not the best reference. I just gave another quick listen with ear buds... The bass seems ok, maybe a touch more bass guitar and kick drum level, but that may just be my listening equipment.

The brightness was something I liked - very Strat-y and Knopfler-y, so assuming that is what you are going for then I think you hit the mark :)

OK thanks. Sounds like what i'm hearing too. Sounds a little thin.
I did export 3-4 different versions and go listen on my iPad. I have a theory that thats where people listen to most of their music these days. Sad times....

Sounded awesome to me,. (On my Warfedale Diamond Pro 8.2A's) ... The higher notes "may" be just a tad thinner sounding... but some folks like that... fits the tune well IMO ....

And the patch is...? :D

Back
Top Bottom