Wish Notes

+1. The cobwebs in ol' cobweb storage unit on top of my neck aren't nearly as sticky as they used to be due to decades of dust and lint build-up....

There's some empty space here next to the scenes list, and it'd be a perfect spot for a notes field, if the width of the scene name fields was trimmed a bit to make some room. I used Gimp to "photochop" a screenshot to demonstrate:
Screen%20Shot%202019-09-28%20at%2010.24.19%20AM.png

I proposed something like this in the past: an expansion to the preset SysEx spec that could include comments, usage notes, suggested cabs, and any other metadata that would pertain to an individual preset.

There would be smarts in Axe-Edit and Axe-Change (and eventually in the Axe-FX III) that could display and manipulate the data. Strip off the metadata, and you would be back to fully-compliant SysEx code.

The expanded SysEx would include fields for common aspects like author, musical genre, guitar used, event the preset was applied to and related items, as well as a free-form comments field. All fields would be viewable and searchable.

I think that would be very useful.

Hopefully we can generate some interest here from others. I would be curious to know if this would be a feature that other users would want to see and if it could be incorporated into Axe-Edit (I have zero knowledge of programming).

+1 THAT would be a nice "simple" addition to our beloved device ! many times we prefer a scene with regard to a given guitar or PUs position/tone.

BTW, I remind that would be awesome to have the level from the OUT bloc to be always visible when editing any other blocs... another strong point for more efficience on tweaking scenes.

Back
Top Bottom