Wish Notes section

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
It would be very cool if there were a little place where you could take notes in Axe-Edit. Maybe with which pedal is hooked to which controller, or the differences between this patch and previous versions. Just so I can see it at a glance. I some times keep notes in Word, but most often I don't. I think it'd be real convenient to have a little document section.

Reactions: sam
Like for instance I'm working on a preset that would be great for my Gibson 355, but not for one of my strats or other guitars. I could put that in the name, sure. But it'd be cool to have a little notes section. At a glance I could see what expression pedals and controllers I have, without having to delve deeper into the Editor of screen. Maybe there's a quicker way of doing that.

A reporting system like that in the Liquid Foot System would be great. It would be in the Axe Edit module, not inside the Axe FX itself, and therefore would not take up any memory space. When Axe Edit polls the Axe FX, it is receiving all the information you are talking about and displaying it in the effect blocks and parameter screens, so putting it on a spreadsheet or in column form in a text document or a pdf, would actually be easier, than all the work that it took to get the fields to show in the appropriate knob and fader of Axe Edit. For all we know, there are spreadsheet like tables that Axe Edit is using behind the scenes (no pun intended) before it populates the preset template fields.

Yes, yes, I know, easier said than done....

It would be very cool if there were a little place where you could take notes in Axe-Edit. Maybe with which pedal is hooked to which controller, or the differences between this patch and previous versions. Just so I can see it at a glance. I some times keep notes in Word, but most often I don't. I think it'd be real convenient to have a little document section.

Hey are you "The Henry Robinett" who released CDs back in the '80s on Artful Balance and Nefertiti Records?

If so ... love your stuff man! :)

The editor for the Gordius Little Giant footswitch has a notes section -- very handy for remembering what the hell you did, especially with some of the commands streams I send from it.

Sure would. I'll often download a preset but not try it right away, and not remember the creators comments ...

I'd also love to be able to see a list of all controller assignments in a preset at a glance.

Back
Top Bottom