Wish Notepad Block Type

macky

I'd love to have the ability to take notes/add text "notepad-style" in a block. Everything from "hey remember Scene 3 is best w/ both humbuckers selected but Scene 2 is an Uberschall for riffs not leads" to more detailed notes on layouts would be awesome. I routinely use all 4 amp channels in a preset with different amps for different things and being able to capture detailed notes about "what is what" would be way easier in a text block than a physical notepad or laptop notepad.

+1000!!! I often have to add a reminder/clue to myself in the name of the preset or scene name. I'd rather just be able to write a short, but detailed note about things I want to remember when next using whatever preset.

I've suggested this before, so definitely +1.

The beauty of it is that it doesn't even have to be shunted into the signal path. Just place it where ever, and reference whenever.

Would you prefer that the notepad block would have 4 channels or just one?
I would prefer just one channel, to make it easier.

Would you prefer that the notepad block would have 4 channels or just one?
I would prefer just one channel, to make it easier.
For me, it wouldn't need channels, in fact it really doesn't need to be a "block" per se, just something we can toggle to open and type in. Hopefully it would support enough characters so we could make detailed notes, without needing to write a short novel :).

The demand of writing notes for every preset has been asked a lot of times.
It seems that the main problem is the data storage that every preset would need.

I have thought that it could be a solution to store a link to a file of the hard disk in this Notepad Block, using less data storage.

Example:
In the preferences of the editor, Workspace section, FAS could set a directory for saving these files:

Workspace.png

Let's say that the directory selected for my database is HD>Users>Jordi>Documents>Fractal Database
I could save a rtf file with a lot of information (even images) for every preset. The preset would only need to store 3 or 4 characters for the name of the file, as the directory is stored in the editor.

The negative point is that we could not access to the notes in the unit, but it seems that the unit will never store notes...

A non-audio block like a notes block would just add clutter to the grid and goes against the whole concept of how it works.

I think a single place to put any notes you need for a preset that can be read from the home screen on the device would work fine for most users. Editing can be on Axe-Edit only. Being able to write it in Markdown would make formatting easy too but not sure if Fractal is on board with implementing on device Markdown parsing...

+1
I'd love to have the ability to take notes/add text "notepad-style" in a block. Everything from "hey remember Scene 3 is best w/ both humbuckers selected but Scene 2 is an Uberschall for riffs not leads" to more detailed notes on layouts would be awesome. I routinely use all 4 amp channels in a preset with different amps for different things and being able to capture detailed notes about "what is what" would be way easier in a text block than a physical notepad or laptop notepad.

It could be a block or just something that you can optionally add to a preset via your the "edit" software for your device.

We just need somewhere to document notes/descriptive info regarding each preset.

Back
Top Bottom