Note

After having updated the MFC firmware to the latest version I'm now trying to put the old button layout back in place (not sure why it was changed in the first place.)

In the process of getting a current SysEx dump from the unit and got a pop-up prompt which needs to be corrected (mac osx):

"You are going to capture a SysEx dump into.........
After pressing the OK button below
4. [PRESS THE OK BUTTON (below) NOW] and then
5. Press the ENTER....."

we have a logical error in the instructions above -- please correct that.

I'll let you know if I find other problems as I try to install and use this difficult software.

Tried to dump the edited .syx file several times with no success. transmitter indicated that things were going swimmingly but the display on the MFC never moved off the 'loading presets I' indicator. No change in the set up and the transfer never successfully happened.

Surely there's an easier way.

Please advise if you recognize an egregious error in what I've done from what I've posted.

thanks

Please open a ticket and provide the following information:
  • Operating system
  • MFC-Edit Version
  • Java Version
  • USB/MIDI Interface you're using to connect the MFC-101 to the computer
  • Manual transmission delay if checked
Most of this information can be obtained by clicking the "View Errors" button on the EXTRAS page. Please include the entire text from the View Errors pane.

From your description, you need to increase the delay slightly.

This is a timing issue with your computer, the MFC-101, the USB/MIDI interface and the cabling. Everyone has to figure out the delays for their specific setup with a little trial and error until it works. There are some USB/MIDI interfaces that we've tested with and MFC-Edit already knows the correct delays for those. You can find them at the end of the release notes.

Thanks
-G

P.S. Oh, and thanks for pointing out the textual misdirection.

Tried to dump the edited .syx file several times with no success. transmitter indicated that things were going swimmingly but the display on the MFC never moved off the 'loading presets I' indicator. No change in the set up and the transfer never successfully happened.

Surely there's an easier way.

Please advise if you recognize an egregious error in what I've done from what I've posted.

thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom