Wish NotePad Function

Cube

I'd like to have a Note-Pad-function in Axe-Edit to comment presets. It would be very helpful for studio work. Might be a block without any audio-functionality but a note-pad in the lower area instead of the typical values. Might be also a menu function. Something like this was posted before by Reddearmond in the Axe-FX III-section (sorry - can't post the link here due to actual forum restrictions, you can find the thread by searching for "notepad") but it was ridiculed there. IMO it would be a step ahead in preset management.

This would be IMMENSELY helpful. Just local storage in Axe-Edit would be fine, and it could be pretty short - like max 500 characters. For example, I spent 4-5 hours creating presets last night for a friend's recording, and it would be really helpful to be able to leave a note for my future self about which guitars were used with which pickups and settings, and what values need tweaking for different guitars.

The challenge is that it really can't be "storage in Axe-Edit".

The presets can exist on multiple Axe Fx units or stored on computers. How would Axe-Edit associate the notes to a specific preset?

The only practical way is to add the notes to the preset itself... And I don't think that's going to happen.

Maybe just reserve a few bytes in each preset for a custom notes-filename. The text file itself could just reside in the AE folder on you computer.
This would also give the opportunity to use the same note-file for multiple presets to make notes about set-lists, general setup and so on :)

These days, so many people have presets that use scenes, and these could often benefit from instructions that are attached to the preset. Editing it on the AxeFX would be painful of course, but editing it from AxeEdit would be great.

+1. The ol' wad of cobwebs in the Cobweb Storage Unit (CSU) on top of my neck isn't nearly as sticky as it used to be. Even a small chunk of text could be very helpful to Future Me....

Reactions: ESW
You could assign a DAW session for a preset that would need notes, and post the text, with images, if you like, as stills at different times on a video track. Next assign a MIDI command for each scene to move your DAW play cursor to the assigned time marker when that scene is selected, bringing up the still image containing your notes on your video track. I’ve done this for VST presets in Reaper before I had an AxeFX.

Back
Top Bottom