not worth £2000

OK, so the Axe isn't the greatest for recording on the Mac.... We have driver and latency issues which are a total PITA. To give Cliff credit, he has made more than one attempt to fix Apple's issue, when all he had to do was make a product that was USB class compliant. WHICH HE DID.

Anyone who is serious about writing and recording music should invest in a half decent audio interface anyway. You mean to tell me that you'll happily shell out thousands of dollars/pounds etc to buy an Axe, pedal board and amplification, yet refuse to spend a few hundred on a decent recording setup?
Nine times out of ten, it's not what people say it's the way that they say it. Learn some manners and some communication skills and I'm sure that people will be more willing to engage and reciprocate. Hell, even the non English native speakers know not to sound like a total ass clown.

I think if Fractal had not put in recording there would be a lot of "Hey, it haz USB and premium AD converterz and reamping! Why can't I record with it and connect digitalzzz? Dat would be 2 kewl!!!"

Now they include it and its "hey, it doesn't work well WITH MY SETUP so you shouldn't have bothered and added to the price for it".

Fractal bloody well can't win, can they?

And I'm bloody well fed up with the "you're a fanboi!" Argument. Look up Argumentum Ad Hominem and see why it is not allowed in debating.

On this thread there is criticism of the AxeFx, people are refuting the arguments with arguments and get called fanbois! I have seen no BLIND support here. Most supporting arguments here are well founded by experienced users of this product.

Aren't we allowed to offer views in support of the AxeFx if we so experience them? Are people allowed to just hop in here, foul mouth the AxeFx with their first post and we should just bend over and take it?

Cast stones? Be prepared to receive some.

Why not use the other options to output into your audio interface if you don't like usb? xlr? spdif? aes? The Axe Fx offers more options than any other unit of its type.
There are too many pro's using the Axe to not realize there must be a solution?

I've seen many complaints about this and that, but this thread is the undisputed winner in the "stupid complaints" category...

Sell the axe or buy a decent sound card. I have a focusrite, not because the axe suck at recording but just for doing vocals and such...
Never had any issues recording with the axe straight to PC.

I see the USB recording as an add-on and not the primary feature.

The analog and digital outputs record with high enough quality that I only use the USB for the Bot, AE and demos.

I suspect most studios would patch the AxeFx in analog since most would be pre-wired anyway and the patch bay is always your friend :)

I've never used it as an audio interface. Being stuck at 48k is far too limiting for me. I have other very expensive audio interfaces. Metric Halo ULN-8. But I didn't buy it for that. I can't even speak to that since I've never used it in that capacity. But as a guitar modeler it's worth every penny.

myself, 30 years playing in bands, recording engineer for 15 years, used cubase and pro tools since day one, loads of experience.

You call yourself a recording engineer you s.o.b.? As a so called recording engineer you should have enough knowledge to be able to distinguish that the Axe-FX is designed to handle its own I/O only - i.e. be stand alone. It's not designed to be used as an audio interface per se... It could cost £3000 and still be worthy of the price tag. Recording engineer... Recording charlatan more likely.

Last edited:
You call yourself a recording engineer you s.o.b.? As a so called recording engineer you should have enough knowledge to be able to distinguish that the Axe-FX is designed to handle its own I/O only - i.e. be stand alone. It's not designed to be used as an audio interface per se... It could cost £3000 and still be worthy of the price tag. Recording engineer... Recording charlatan more likely.

Yep.. after all. If you see no XLR inputs. Would you really see it as a pro interface?

AXII works very good for it´s intention imo. And that is NOT to replace any high end audio interface.

To the OP Your point is well taken but the Axe is not primarily a sound card it is first and formost a pre-amp modler. If your going to fart and leave the room at least say excuse me

Last edited:
Yes, because any REAL recording engineer ( i.e., someone who records REAL musicians in a REAL recording studio....not a bedroom with a drum machine...), would have bought a vintage Neve, and a Studer 2" machine, and not worried about the USB audio anyway... ;-)

( please read with humor intended...)

Back
Top Bottom