Not what I was expecting...

retro_dad

Experienced
So, after all these years of hearing the hype and yearning for an Axe FX 2, I finally saved up enough and bought one. It arrived yesterday. After I got home from work I made sure everyone was asleep and snug in their beds, then I snuck out to the living room to give it a go with my crappy Sennheiser headphones. I plugged everything in and started with the first preset.

I'll admit, I was not impressed........

........I was ASTOUNDED!! Wow, I can't believe how great this thing sounds. I knew there would be magic inside of this box when I found myself playing for over 20 minutes straight just on one patch. Today, I plugged into my KRK 5's and was even more smitten....although it seemed I was pushing them a little hard so I may definitely have to replace the near fields with a powered monitor soon.

I'm sure you all are tired of reading these types of things, but I just wanted to say thanks to Cliff and Fractal Audio for creating such an awesome tool. Even though I'm just a living room rockstar, I can easily see how this will keep me happy and help improve my playing by leaps and bounds.

Never tire of hearing about people receiving joy in their lives. Congrats on joining the fraternity. :)

Thumbs up on your new purchase!!!! I'm in the same boat as I just received mine last week but been out of town so I'm finally getting time with my A2 now and couldn't be happier and I don't even know what I'm doing yet with this beast! - I just know I'm having fun and it's very inspiring!! Enjoy!

I remember my first time.. Sigh....

I was at the beginning nine of a 4.5 hour drive home when I got the call from the office saying a it box with fractal had arrived.. So I drove 4.5 + the extra 2 has to get to the office n back.. The things we do aye :)

It just keeps getting better and better with each day. I'd say enjoy but that's no point as that's pretty much a no-brainer huh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It's been about six months now for me... you're in for some serious fun! Just wait til you start buying IR's and FRFR solutions...
You'll probably begin to suffer some sleep deprivation as well.

It's been about six months now for me... you're in for some serious fun! Just wait til you start buying IR's and FRFR solutions...
You'll probably begin to suffer some sleep deprivation as well.

Haha, I thought about this when I promised my wife that after getting the Axe I was done spending money. I guess there's always something we're looking to add to chase tone.

As much as you like it now, you'll like it more down the road as you delve into it and start making it your own by customizing patches for the tones in your head.

You've joined the family at a great time. The AxeFX 2 is at a great stage of life with excellent firmware and the promise of more to come.

Wait until you start recording and discovering the reamping capabilities of the AxeFX 2. For a recording musician, this capability alone is worth the price of admission.

Once you're able to crank it and feel it sag down on you, interact with your guitar, and give you nice singing harmonic feedback, you're going to love it even more!

I'm 3 weeks into it, by with limited time. I'm waiting for an Atomic Powered Wedge so I can feel what you guys are talking about. The 2 things I want are BOTH back ordered. MCF-101 and the Atlmic CLR..

Once you're able to crank it and feel it sag down on you, interact with your guitar, and give you nice singing harmonic feedback, you're going to love it even more!

Hell, it's done that for me at conversation volumes...... I just let it ring to see how long it'll go. May need twice the volume with less gain than I use....

Back
Top Bottom