Not what I expected from Fractal.

Not sure what I am going to do with my FX8.

It has been one bug after the other, and to tell you the truth it is getting on my nerves.

To think I sold my Fractal AXE EFFECTS FOR THIS MAKES ME SAD!

Trying to turn on the tuner is enough to make you go mad.

If you use a rotary block it is always on when you return to that scene. No matter what state you store it in. So the rotary is useless.

I,m not going to list all the problems I,m having with this unit cause frankly I don't feel like typing for hours.

I have been using rack gear for twenty plus years. Never had this much of an issue.

What a let down. Going back to using pedals. The FX8 is not a reliable unit.

I guess will pack it away until Fractal come up with a real firmware that works.

What was I thinking ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sympathy with you for the issues you have been having but you don't mention what Fractal Support have said about the issues and what they have offered to try and resolve them. You may have a duff unit that needs replacing under the warranty.

Yup. Happened to me. Fractal support is super fast. They had my unit turned around within 1 hour of arriving via UPS. Also there's a new firmware on the horizon, supposedly really soon. Have 2 minutes of patience, and try support in the meantime.

Hmmm... yeah, I's definitely say you should contact support. Sounds like something really strange going on with your unit. I don't think most of us are experiencing the type of issues you are having. I've found one bug that I can reproduce with the filter block, but other than that it's been pretty consistent. Certainly never had a problem getting the tuner to come on.

Not sure what I am going to do with my FX8.

It has been one bug after the other, and to tell you the truth it is getting on my nerves.

To think I sold my Fractal AXE EFFECTS FOR THIS MAKES ME SAD!

Trying to turn on the tuner is enough to make you go mad.

If you use a rotary block it is always on when you return to that scene. No matter what state you store it in. So the rotary is useless.

I,m not going to list all the problems I,m having with this unit cause frankly I don't feel like typing for hours.

I have been using rack gear for twenty plus years. Never had this much of an issue.

What a let down. Going back to using pedals. The FX8 is not a reliable unit.

I guess will pack it away until Fractal come up with a real firmware that works.

What was I thinking ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the FX8. If you would open a support ticket with us (support.fractalaudio.com) I will be happy to help you with any issues you are having with the unit. Please mention that you are already working with me.

The tuner can be assigned to either the TAP or PRESS and HOLD function of any of the three footswitches on the right hand side of the FX8 (SCENE, LOOPER, or TEMPO). This should give you an option that will work for you.

I have spent a few moments the BYPASS state of the ROTARY block, and was able to reproduce your issue. However, it has more to do with the state of the global parameter SCENE REVERT. If you open a ticket, I will be happy to work through this and any other issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have scene revert on, and my rotary block behaves as expected. I had some really funky things going on with my fx8 early on and fractal fixed me right up.

I've not experienced anything you mentioned.

What firmware version is in your FX8? (Press Setup, then Utility, then page right a few times.)

Seriously. I emailed Peavey about a weird noise that my amp is making. I even sent them a video of it that you can hear the issue in pain as day. Not only did I wait 4 days for a reply, they stated they couldn't hear what I was talking about (loud whistle/whine). My ears are terrible and I can hear it perfectly in the video. They must be practically deaf. The longest I ever had to wait for a Fractal response was about 7 hours. That's pretty rare these days.

Seriously. I emailed Peavey about a weird noise that my amp is making. I even sent them a video of it that you can hear the issue in pain as day. Not only did I wait 4 days for a reply, they stated they couldn't hear what I was talking about (loud whistle/whine). My ears are terrible and I can hear it perfectly in the video. They must be practically deaf. The longest I ever had to wait for a Fractal response was about 7 hours. That's pretty rare these days.

Did you fix the whistle? What was it. I have a whistle also I think is coming from my OD pedal. I notified Suhr also. They want me to record it and send over. I notice more with channel #3 put I do not use OD on that channel slight whistle on channels #2 which is my meat & potato channel.. I'm think bad pre amp tube..

You should really try support first before going public and ranting; Fractal support are the best and sometimes things can go wrong, that is what they are there for.

True. There is no such thing as 100% perfect in manufacturing. The key is how good the company is at remediating the alleged issues.

Not yet. I responded to their original email and told them to listen again. I was quite specific as to what they were listening to. I don't anticipate a response for another 4-5 days. Here is the video if anyone is good at diagnosing weird amp noises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ewLDNenEKw&feature=youtu.be

Did you fix the whistle? What was it. I have a whistle also I think is coming from my OD pedal. I notified Suhr also. They want me to record it and send over. I notice more with channel #3 put I do not use OD on that channel slight whistle on channels #2 which is my meat & potato channel.. I'm think bad pre amp tube..

Sounds like bad tubes.

No issues with my FX8, but that doesn't mean the problems you're experiencing aren't legitimate. But I agree with everyone else. Give FAS a chance to help you out and/or update the firmware if there are bugs that they haven't yet found (but you are experiencing). I'm loving the unit...I can't imagine how the issues you're having won't get resolved.

G'day Musicrob,

Mate - I feel your pain (the pain of being an early adopter)... That was a big call to sell your Axe FX to buy version 1 of anything! Possible you can take a deep breath and let support address your issues?.... That would have the benefit of all other users getting fixes as well, and you'll hopefully be a hapy camper in the end.

Hope you can get through this as going back to pedals would be ugly.

Pauly

My FX8 arrived yesterday and I spent several hours with it last night. I will admit it's not the most intuitive unit I've tried to set up, I've gotten presets made faster even with the AxeFX II but it's nothing like a Lexicon MPX 1. I have gained ground and expect to have some usable presets by tomorrow as I am going to use it even if it's for delay only. I did get a volume pedal working and found out how to set up 4 CM. I'm sure it will fall in to place and patience is always a factor. I bought a Korg A3 back when they came out, at first I couldn't do anything but use factory presets, then I got where I could breeze through tweaking a pre so I expect the same here. It's just drama when it's all new.

What a difference sleeping on this made. I was getting little done last night but today in about an hour I've got a working and good sounding preset going. I think I'm going to like this a lot.

Back
Top Bottom