Not understanding FX8 or maybe it just doesnt do this?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
MFC101 on brain. Use to picking the bank size and then the IA size and away you go. I do not see this option on the unit?

I'd like 4 presets per bank and 4 IA. I can get this but then I lose the 4 other preset slots on each bank 5,6,7,8. Live this is just simple and don't have to remember as much.

Maybe this is not an option...if so I will put in wish section.

I'm not in front of my computer, but I think you can just go into config ( in FX-8 Edit )and assign the switches to what effects you want ( right click and pick assignment )and assign the other four to the preset you want. I think you can only use presets from the current bank thou.

I'm not in front of my computer, but I think you can just go into config ( in FX-8 Edit )and assign the switches to what effects you want ( right click and pick assignment )and assign the other four to the preset you want. I think you can only use presets from the current bank thou.

Yes you can. But I don't believe you can alter the "size" of the bank like on MFC101. I want a bank size of 4, not 8. Yes there are ways to access the 5,6,7,8....but IMO not that intuitive and surprised it's so different from the MFC101 since it's made from same company.

There is no bank size option. Each bank is 8.

As in your other thread, you can set 4 "immediate" preset buttons, but there is still the bank of 8.

There is no bank size option. Each bank is 8.

As in your other thread, you can set 4 "immediate" preset buttons, but there is still the bank of 8.

I know this, but my point is it eliminates half the presets! It would be awesome to "choose" the bank size, thus not loosing half of your preset slots when run 4 IA and 4 presets per bank.

Part of the difference is that there are no banks on the Axe-Fx II, just a slew of preset slots. Banks are a feature of the MFC-101.

The AX8 was designed specifically with 64 banks of 8 presets each. To implement a "bank limit" feature, they'd have to change:

- how the Single/Sticky Preset modes look and function
- how the Preset Footswitch blocks work (there are 8 available; P1 - P8)
- the MIDI spec for accessing presets/banks via MIDI on the AX8
- AX8-Edit's 8-preset-button UI
- AX8-Edit's Axe-Manage Presets UI which divides the presets into 64 banks of 8.
- probably more that we as users haven't thought of since we didn't engineer the AX8

Edit: the preset numbering scheme would also have to change. There is no Preset #25; the 25th preset is 3-1. With dynamic bank sizes that would get confusing fast.

Last edited:
Here is another workaround where you can use all 64 banks.

For Presets 1-4 in every bank, assign footswitches to Presets 1-4. For Presets 5-8 in every bank, assign footswitches to Presets 5-8.

Now you have two distinct zones of 64 banks with 4 presets each. To jump between the two zones from any preset, assign F Switch F1 to Single Preset/Bank.

Only downside is you can't globally assign the preset footswitches.

Edit: adjusted the math.

Last edited:
I know this, but my point is it eliminates half the presets! It would be awesome to "choose" the bank size, thus not loosing half of your preset slots when run 4 IA and 4 presets per bank.
No, the presets are still there. Use the F-Switch method to access them. You are simply choosing to make only 4 of them immediately available with the IA switches. The other 4 presets are not gone.

If you are making a wish list item to add a Bank Size option, then please make a thread so it's clear to the developers.

Here is another workaround where you can use all 64 banks.

For Presets 1-4 in every bank, assign footswitches to Presets 1-4. For Presets 5-8 in every bank, assign footswitches to Presets 5-8.

Now you have two distinct zones of 64 banks with 4 presets each. To jump between the two zones from any preset, assign F Switch F1 to Single Preset/Bank.

Only downside is you can't globally assign the preset footswitches.

Edit: adjusted the math.

Ya I tried that and works. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom