not sure if bug, after update on 10.04

ang

Inspired
after my update, instead of "user cab 1", its now "user cab 0", same with "factory 0". is that normal?

Last edited:
I should mentioned when I went from 10.02 to 10.04 it wiped out everything, presets and user cabs global blocks etc. There was gibberish in the file names in user cabs via front panel. So I had to use the sytem reset.syx
Really?
How did you update?

Don't you think this is more serious than the number displayed near the user cab? :)

Upgrading fw won't wipe out everything. Using the clean system bank does wipe out user cabs, global blocks. I think that's what Ang meant.

Ah okay, hmm, probably wise to inform Support about this.

You just upgraded the firmware, right? (No use of hidden factory menu, no restore of dumped presets etc.)

IIRC, presets only disappear when the onboard battery runs out.

I had the same thing cleared the presets when looking it it from axe edit. from the axe fx the presets were still there. to note I am running several devices into a USB hub.
I updated the firmware to 10.0.5. finished, power cycled the axe fx and went off to lunch. came home and the USB sync light was red on my presonus audio box (no USB link) not sure if there is a connection or not but the USB hub was no longer recognized. (note I am running several devices into a USB hum then into the computer. presonus audio box, axe fx, akai mpd etc. the usb hub is powered off a wall wart and not the computer)

I plugged the axe fx directly into the computer (no usb hub) and the presets now showed up in axe edit
I plugged some generic usb hub i had collecting dust and let windows find the dirver and install it.
it found it.
plugged the original USB hub back in, plugged in the presonus, axe fx, akai pdb etc etc into the hub and now all can see the devices going into the hub (including the axe fx and axe edit (although when changing presets in axe edit, it doesn't make the changes on the axe fx (i.e using the arrow button to select the next preset incrementally changing the name from C326 something something to C327 something else but the axe fx still sits at C326 and all the blocks displayed still are those belonging to C326 even though the preset now say C327 in axe edit.) might not be related at all but thought I would note it.

In short in order to change presets in axe edit I have to select from the bank (the 1 2 3 from the right of the up down arows) and then select the preset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom