Not Reading FW

flash6

Inspired
This isn't a big deal, but has been going on for a while now, so I thought I'd mention it here.

If I've been on my Axe-FX III for a while, modifying , saving presets, etc., then open Fractal-Bot, it doesn't recognize the firmware and won't allow me to perform a backup. After a restart of the III and Fractal-Bot, it works. If I restart just one or the other, it doesn't work - it has to be both.

I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I think I've seen it in the last two or three firmware versions.

I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.1; Axe-FX III 15.01; Fractal-Bot 3.0.6.

See the screenshots below:

Before restart (Note that the III is selected and recognized, but the FW version doesn't appear in the red box):

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.33.50 PM.png

Then I get this when I click "Begin":

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.36.30 PM.png

After I restart the Axe-FX III and Fractal-Bot, the FW version appears and I am able to backup without any issues:

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.45.13 PM.png

I'm having the same problem except that rebooting Axe III and restarting Fractal-Bot does not solve the problem. I have tried re-installing Fractal-Bot. It seems that Fractal-Bot is not communicating with the Axe. Axe-Edit works fine.

I'm on a 2019 MacBook Pro. Everything is up to date (Big Sur 11.1, Axe III 15.01, Fractal Bot 3.0.6).

Back
Top Bottom