• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Not Reading FW

flash6

This isn't a big deal, but has been going on for a while now, so I thought I'd mention it here.

If I've been on my Axe-FX III for a while, modifying , saving presets, etc., then open Fractal-Bot, it doesn't recognize the firmware and won't allow me to perform a backup. After a restart of the III and Fractal-Bot, it works. If I restart just one or the other, it doesn't work - it has to be both.

I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I think I've seen it in the last two or three firmware versions.

I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.1; Axe-FX III 15.01; Fractal-Bot 3.0.6.

See the screenshots below:

Before restart (Note that the III is selected and recognized, but the FW version doesn't appear in the red box):

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.33.50 PM.png

Then I get this when I click "Begin":

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.36.30 PM.png

After I restart the Axe-FX III and Fractal-Bot, the FW version appears and I am able to backup without any issues:

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.45.13 PM.png

Jesse Eyserbeck

I'm having the same problem except that rebooting Axe III and restarting Fractal-Bot does not solve the problem. I have tried re-installing Fractal-Bot. It seems that Fractal-Bot is not communicating with the Axe. Axe-Edit works fine.

I'm on a 2019 MacBook Pro. Everything is up to date (Big Sur 11.1, Axe III 15.01, Fractal Bot 3.0.6).

Top Bottom