Not One, but Two new XiTone designs!!!!!!!

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
Hi all,

Here are some pics to tell most of the story. I'll have to do two posts here I think because I have 10 pics.....

First up... the very first ever 10" XiTone wedge! (pardon the missing grille... I always put the grille on very last before I ship)

4D1BD22E-2B0F-4E43-AF55-51E2798E33A6_zpse7ilva38.jpg

14806CF8-3CD3-4B75-A78E-C7485A4E78FC_zpsvqx2osar.jpg

As with a lot of my cabs, customer requested features are incorporated. This pic shows the brackets on the bottom for the removeable handle.
0AB104A6-9D36-4AAA-90CD-B4616E347046_zps5x8gmmzl.jpg

Handle installed but not extended.
0135288D-0CA9-4920-A69E-94366A731347_zpsyz41vgns.jpg

Handle extended! Makes it super easy to tote around, especially if you do not own a car and have to take the subway to a gig!
3C2647AF-32DE-499B-95F8-93D9A743ED98_zpsjn4rv3we.jpg

So how does it sound! This cab is a BEAST! I actually did not like the Eminence crossover so I ended up designing and building my own! Turned out perfect! It has plenty of punch! I put it against a 212 last night and it kept up. I'll post a video a bit later.

This cab weighs in at 25lbs. For the first time ever, I used 12mm plywood.. Will I build with 12mm again??? Not sure... jury is out on it... A lot of extra effort and cost believe it or not!

It is an 8ohm cab and is rated at 250w RMS and 500w Program.

And for the second act....

A 212 Slant Back Cab. This one will easily do double duty... actually triple duty... it'll do backline, wedge position with a 45 degree angle and also it'll easily sit on a pole with the included tophat. Sans grille again! :)

Side profile showing the tophat
48CA1B37-5918-4407-93F6-7E5B60875294_zpsgxovqqio.jpg

Actually recessed the tophat on this cab
F9A9AA8E-9B29-46D6-8249-AE63B8ACC608_zps6dpfbv73.jpg

In the 45 degree tilt position
4D31BC69-0352-46A2-B4F0-BEBEE45E5DA0_zpsolhwe25e.jpg

Top view showing handle area
BD9AA148-30E7-4E4A-AA72-ED58F68DE73E_zps5mmalf2u.jpg

Customer did not wish to have rubber feet on the top so I recessed this handle as well so it would sit nice and flat on top of his road case.
2768DFC1-0C63-41E7-8EA9-B5CED49374E9_zpsydzjdtaq.jpg

This cab is rated at 500w RMS and 1000w Program. Not sure the exact weight.. will edit this post later when I have that info.

Will post some video a little later.

Awww man the first one is mine! It looks amazing Mick! I was just about to respond to your cheeky email as well haha. You're making my week!

-Chris

A 10" coax passive....very cool !

If you need a hand truck to wheel in that 10", then maybe you ought to hit the gym....kidding, kidding.

Chris, is that 10" going to you?

A 10" coax passive....very cool !

If you need a hand truck to wheel in that 10", then maybe you ought to hit the gym....kidding, kidding.

Chris, is that 10" going to you?

Yeah it's for me. I'm actually very strong thank you very much haha. Who wants to be tired at a gig though? I wanted a small, durable wedge that would fit with the portability that I have with the axe fx/matrix, my guitar, and foot controller. Mick and I talked and this happened haha. I don't always drive and have to take a train sometimes so this will be great and at 25lbs. that's very reasonable even when I have to lift it.

Yeah it's for me. I'm actually very strong thank you very much haha. Who wants to be tired at a gig though? I wanted a small, durable wedge that would fit with the portability that I have with the axe fx/matrix, my guitar, and foot controller. Mick and I talked and this happened haha. I don't always drive and have to take a train sometimes so this will be great and at 25lbs. that's very reasonable even when I have to lift it.

Well thanks for requesting a new design....now we all benefit from another option being available.

Man...

looking at these pics makes me excited to get my cabinets!

I should have mine in another week or two

guess it's time to notify the wife they'll be showing up at some point...lol

these look great, but if it was me, i'd put the input on the back and some feet on the side opposite the handle. that way, you could use them in backline position, stack them on top of each other and even sit the axe fx on top. i can see the 2x12 being used in the vertical position, stood on it's end. really nice finish on these, i have to say.

these look great, but if it was me, i'd put the input on the back and some feet on the side opposite the handle. that way, you could use them in backline position, stack them on top of each other and even sit the axe fx on top. i can see the 2x12 being used in the vertical position, stood on it's end. really nice finish on these, i have to say.

I see what you're saying, but this is going to be in the wedge position for me so that wouldn't work

that's fair enough, but if the input was on the face that never touches the floor, then you could use them both ways (like the CLR) :)

that's fair enough, but if the input was on the face that never touches the floor, then you could use them both ways (like the CLR) :)

I still could though. The axe fx is in a gatorcase and it isn't that huge and the handle is removable so it wouldn't be in the way

.... and as promised, here is a video clip.

After we shot this and I had everything tore apart I discovered that the 110 had the tweeter pad lifted and the 212 had the tweeter pad engaged, so there is a 3db difference in the top end of this clip. Next time I'll make sure to double check.

Awww man the first one is mine! It looks amazing Mick! I was just about to respond to your cheeky email as well haha. You're making my week!

-Chris

Feel the need to explain the cheeky email comment.... after firing this thing up and hearing it finished I sent Chris a note with the following subject line:

"I am sorry to inform you...."

and in the email I continue with .... "that I might have to keep this cab myself!"

I've got another idea to run past you Chris so keep an eye out in your email.

love the handle idea! Great Job Mick!

Thanks elchampion!

Well thanks for requesting a new design....now we all benefit from another option being available.

Yup, Thank You!

Man...

looking at these pics makes me excited to get my cabinets!

I should have mine in another week or two

guess it's time to notify the wife they'll be showing up at some point...lol

Yeah, might want to start greasing the skids as it were! :)

ha no problem. I'll shoot my own clips when it arrives though I'll have to mic it, so it will lose the full range aspect to it :|

This will be most appreciated!

Nice work! I love the design. My 1x12 Xitone monitor is really sweet.

Thanks Sleestak

Nice point simeon! The thing with XiTone cabs is that they are pretty much always built to order and as a general rule, they all ship with feet opposite the handle so you can use it in a backline position if desired.

I can and have put the input panels on the back or for pole mounted ones I've put an additional jack on the bottom by the tophat so you won't have to run the cable all the way up to the top!

My goal is to give folks what they want for the way they need to it to be used!

I think I started putting the panel on the side to keep it away from the audience a little bit since that is the direction the back would be facing a lot of the times. Just a little extra measure to keep unwanted accidents from happening by stage huggers.

Thanks all!

I bet that 10" sounds pretty good. Can't wait to hear what you think Frankenstrat. I think a 10" speaker generally sounds better than a 12" for some reason. It seems like you hear less of the speaker or something.

Back
Top Bottom