Not Looking 2 Start Trouble, Time 2 Give Up Hope on Email?

Josh O

Believe me I'm not trying to incite a riot, start a new "bash Fractal's business tactics" thread or look for Cliff's wrath, I just have an honest question. Is it time to just abandon hope on receiving "the" email anytime soon and put an MFC-101 in my shopping cart and be done with it? I check my email constantly hoping to see a message from Fractal and its like watching a pot of water boil. Not trying to whine here and I know it's just a MIDI contoller, not life and death. Just curious is all.

Re: Not Looking 2 Start Trouble, Time 2 Give Up Hope on Emai

I don't believe that many emails will go out until the overhead demand is satisfied.

I have also been waiting for the email, because I just knew that I would check my emails one more time and it would be there, but then time ran out, I have an important gig this Sat so last fri I put one in the cart and thought, if they ship it today, I will have it by wed/thurs at the latest. I forgot this was a holiday weekend. So now I paid the $100 which i am cool with, but my confirmation email shows a delivery date of 10/18. two days after my show with a Nashville recording act.
oh well, the old saying goes "Good things come to people with patience," I think this one is more accurate. "To hell with patience, I want to kill something"

You already know the answer, in your heart.

Yeah dude, Just put one on the ol card and getter in the mail ;) I finally got tired of waiting and I havn't been on the list nearly as long as some of these guys have! I asked sales if there might be a possible rebate for those of us that have been on the list. That was a few days ago and I did not get a reply :lol: I'm not sure if thats a "no" and they laughed their asses off at me or they are too busy to reply. Either way, my MFC-101 is on it's merry way and I am very gratefull that they are available! Get one!

The waiting list was a big waste of time.

I gave in two weeks ago. I'm over it now.

We're talking about the cost of a dinner for four at Outback.

So we skipped the Outback and had soup and grilled cheese instead.

$100 well spent.

jp

I would just grab one if you have the extra 100 bucks, you never know how many units were in the initial shipment and if you wait too long you might miss the boat.

I was thinking about it the other day and if Cliff got 1000 units (total guesstimate number)in the first shipment they are probably close to gone so I am glad I didn't wait. Also you gotta figure if Cliff had to pay say $500 each for these for these units...which might be high..he has 1/2 a million invested.. I don't blame him for wanting to recoup the upfront costs and patiently waiting for the people who are willing to pay

I was disappointed with the wait list thing in the beginning, but I am glad I went ahead and got mine.

The controller is super simple to integrate with the Axe-Fx compared to any other midi controller I have used.

It was time for me to give up 2 weeks ago. You'll know when it's your time.

They are up to May 11, 2008. I got a second email for when I sent a follow-up request to make sure I was on the list.

My thoughts were if i wait on the email and all of the units sell out before I get one, How much longer will i have to wait?

so i spent the extra $100 and dont regret it a bit.

The product is worth it - it's worth getting now. Seriously, it's the best foot controller I have ever used (Roland PK-5A, Roland FC3, FCB1010, etc). The flexibility of the programming options is amazing. After a few weeks playing with it, I now know why it took so long to make. They wanted to make it right and they did. I know $100 is $100 - but live for the moment :)

I'll say it another way - I like the MFC even more then I like my Ultra.

wnlively said:
My thoughts were if i wait on the email and all of the units sell out before I get one, How much longer will i have to wait?

so i spent the extra $100 and dont regret it a bit.

+1

Sorry I waited a whole week before ordering.

I gave in this Tuesday. I'm know the product is worth the full price, but it would have been nice to get it for $100.00 less.

We've been sending out invitations and coupons however the list is huge. There are still lots of people to go.

Seeing as how I got onto the list really late anyways, I bought one and am glad to give Fractal the bonus $$.

Had my first show with it last Saturday, and it was, like, totally awesome, dude! (Sorry, living in Southern California gets to me sometimes!

TT

Hi All,

I have just received email from Fractal with the $100 coupon. :D I was confirmed on May 1st, 2008. Well, I was very happy to fill out the order. I would like to thank Cliff for the discount and congratulate again on another great product from Fractal Audio.

Thank YOU!

I just got mine today! :D Hooked it up, reset system parameters to get the tuner and tap tempo going, made a couple changes to the preset loading and voila! The midi controller of my dreams is now a reality :cool: What an amazing piece of work! I absolutely love it! This was worth the wait and money spent. Just knowing it has upgradable firmware like the axe makes me smile with confidance and excitement! Thanks again to the Fractal team. Well done :D

Back
Top Bottom