Not liking the H9 for Reverb ... need MIDI ... Ideas?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Using it in my Fractal FM3 to unload some CPU. I just am not bonding with the unit and does more than I need. Seems to make my sound a little thinner when engaged too.

Need a pedal form midi reverb pedal that is simple and super impressive. I need a vast array of different reverbs from room to plate to expansive sounds. Any direction? BTW, I love the FM3's reverbs a LOT and may just keep the patch simpler to accommodate.

You probly don’t need to be reminded, but I will anyway, you can save a s load of CPU by a) reducing the Quality, which used live is sufficient,
and the Plex and Shimmer verbs in the Plexdly block are great....
and the Poly digit is the opposite of stupiid
simple...if you can sacrifice MIDI the new UAD verb pedal is lush as hell........

You probly don’t need to be reminded, but I will anyway, you can save a s load of CPU by a) reducing the Quality, which used live is sufficient,
and the Plex and Shimmer verbs in the Plexdly block are great....
and the Poly digit is the opposite of stupiid
simple...if you can sacrifice MIDI the new UAD verb pedal is lush as hell........
Yes I always use economy. Poly Digit is too involved.

Empress, dr scientist, polydigit, source audio ventris, walrus audio mako r1, Meris Mercury 7, CBA dark world, or that new chase bliss CXM 1978 looks cool (probably too big tbh), the strymon one is going to be solid. Sooooo many options that use midi... I'm sure I'm missing like 10 more.

I used a Strymon Big Sky back in my Ultra days. Just shut off all the Axe verbs and controlled Strymon via MIDI. It was pure heaven and very versatile. I had a handful of goto Ultra presets and a few Strymon presets so you get to know the sounds of your amp and verb separately. So you could pull up your favorite lead tone and vary the verbs as needed.

If you set it up in parallel, the H9 will not impact your core tone in any way. I think the reverbs are quite good.

Another vote for Strymon.

Before the pandemic I was in a music store and plugged a BlueSky (the BigSky's little brother) into a Super Reverb and was kind of shocked at how accurate the spring reverb was. I basically couldn't tell the difference between the pedal's reverb and the amp's reverb. The other verbs were fantastic too.

Also your dry signal always passes straight through the pedal without AD/DA conversion, so there's minimal signal degredation.

I was looking at the Big Sky, but I just put offer in on the Source Audio Ventris. Got great reviews from those that owned it AND the Big Sky. All I know is the Eventide H9 sounded thin and Fractal's BLEW IT OUT OF THE WATER. That surprised me. Not that I ever thought Fractal's was inferior, I just thought Eventide's would be at least AS good. Again, I could get by without the external reverb and be fine. Adding one just allows a little more of a "kitchen sink" scenario for patch building.

I was looking at the Big Sky, but I just put offer in on the Source Audio Ventris. Got great reviews from those that owned it AND the Big Sky. All I know is the Eventide H9 sounded thin and Fractal's BLEW IT OUT OF THE WATER. That surprised me. Not that I ever thought Fractal's was inferior, I just thought Eventide's would be at least AS good. Again, I could get by without the external reverb and be fine. Adding one just allows a little more of a "kitchen sink" scenario for patch building.
I couldn't be happier with mine, it's easy to program, sounds amazing etc. Enjoy!

Brilliant, very easy to program, excellent, excellent reverbs.

Tremverb etc are really nice additions - and a small footprint.

Before mine I had a Boss RV-500, the Source Audio kills it

Back
Top Bottom