Not liking the H9 for Reverb ... need MIDI ... Ideas?

Using it in my Fractal FM3 to unload some CPU. I just am not bonding with the unit and does more than I need. Seems to make my sound a little thinner when engaged too.

Need a pedal form midi reverb pedal that is simple and super impressive. I need a vast array of different reverbs from room to plate to expansive sounds. Any direction? BTW, I love the FM3's reverbs a LOT and may just keep the patch simpler to accommodate.
Perhaps this thread can help save you a purchase?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-cpu-performance-dismistified.170453/#post-2052180

Using it in my Fractal FM3 to unload some CPU. I just am not bonding with the unit and does more than I need. Seems to make my sound a little thinner when engaged too.

Need a pedal form midi reverb pedal that is simple and super impressive. I need a vast array of different reverbs from room to plate to expansive sounds. Any direction? BTW, I love the FM3's reverbs a LOT and may just keep the patch simpler to accommodate.

YOu might also want to listen to these other for great verbs:

1. Free The Tone Ambi-Space (https://www.freethetone.com/en/products/detail20/)
  2. Neunaber Immerse Reberator (https://neunaber.net/collections/all-products/products/immerse-mk-ii)

If you set it up in parallel, the H9 will not impact your core tone in any way. I think the reverbs are quite good.
I will look into this. Thanks! Is there a setting to change on the H9 for this? I know how to do within the FM3.

I wanted to like the H9 when it first came out and was cool but noticed its converters suck. You can hear a clearly noticeable increase in noise when you engage it from true bypass.

Another vote for Strymon or Source Audio. Strymon's -Sky pedals sorta have a signature sheen sound IMO, which some people don't like. The Source Audio seems more versatile in that regard, but haven't personally used it.

After Leon reviewed Eventide Eclipse I thought I'd get one for myself. Then I checked out what's inside. On the DSP side it's pretty weak by today's standards. I don't know about converters. Those don't matter quite as much for use in the loop though. Decided not to get it. Leon makes it sound great though, there's no denying that. Realistically though, I'm unlikely to be able to devote sufficient time to it to more than scratch the surface. I'm just a sucker for cold fluorescent displays.

After Leon reviewed Eventide Eclipse I thought I'd get one for myself. Then I checked out what's inside. On the DSP side it's pretty weak by today's standards. I don't know about converters. Those don't matter quite as much for use in the loop though. Decided not to get it. Leon makes it sound great though, there's no denying that. Realistically though, I'm unlikely to be able to devote sufficient time to it to more than scratch the surface. I'm just a sucker for cold fluorescent displays.

The Eventide Eclipse reverbs are not bad, but the processor was weak even when it was released, back in 2002.

There is a gap in the sound of about a second when you switch a preset. That is totally unacceptable, unless you run the effects in parallel (which is not possible for modulation effects)

Last edited:
You need to engage the killdry mode on the H9. :)
Tried it and ran in parallel. It just do not like the way the unit changes the tone of the FM3. Honestly Fractals reverbs are better. I just emailed my Sweetwater rep AJ to send me a Source Audio Collider. It was that or the Ventris. I figured that the Collider has delays too and that is a bonus. I really like the Big Sky sound, but the Source Audio seems to be the new kid on the block

Tried it and ran in parallel. It just do not like the way the unit changes the tone of the FM3. Honestly Fractals reverbs are better. I just emailed my Sweetwater rep AJ to send me a Source Audio Collider. It was that or the Ventris. I figured that the Collider has delays too and that is a bonus. I really like the Big Sky sound, but the Source Audio seems to be the new kid on the block
All right! I had the Ventris, loved the E-Dome reverb on it . :)

Back
Top Bottom