Not Getting Computer Audio via USB

Tonemaster

Inspired
I'm trying to play audio tracks via iTunes on my computer through the Axe USB and Axe outputs. I have the Axe settings for analog input etc....set and the driver is installed on the PC (widows XP SP3). MIDI is working fine for Axe Edit. I changed the control panel in windows for audio to use the AXEII output. It was set to my M-audio card.

Am I missing something? Now that I think of it I didn't reboot the computer, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary.

I did a search for this on the forum and checked out the wiki but didn't see anything that really helped. What I'm trying to do is pretty straight forward so I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Anyone have any ideas?

in your PC / Mac, you need to set the Axe2 as the output for audio...

in a Mac you'll find it in utilities -> audio midi 'thingy' [I'll edit this later when my blonde moment passes]

in Logic you go into settings and set the audio interface

in a PC and other DAW types I have no idea.. but the principle will be the same...
essentially... tell the PC / MAC [and if you have a DAW that too] to send the audio to the Axe

in your PC / Mac, you need to set the Axe2 as the output for audio...

in a Mac you'll find it in utilities -> audio midi 'thingy' [I'll edit this later when my blonde moment passes]

in Logic you go into settings and set the audio interface

in a PC and other DAW types I have no idea.. but the principle will be the same...
essentially... tell the PC / MAC [and if you have a DAW that too] to send the audio to the Axe

Thanks for the reply. I believe I did that. It's in Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio Tab. I set the default device for sound playback to the AXEII. So, unless there is some place else I need to do this, I'm not sure what else to do.

As an FYI, I use Cakewalk Sonor and there are options there to choose an audio device as well. I'm not even there yet. I just want to get the audio out for general playback at the system level. I've thought about going into Sonor and changing that but I really shouldn't have to since I'm not asking Sonor to produce the output.

Perhaps I should look at iTunes. I don't recall ever setting anything there so I figured it was defaulting to systems default device for audio.

Again, I'm sure it's something very basic and easy that I'm missing...just don't know what

Back
Top Bottom