Not finding cabs

sadicus

Not finding Amp / cabs

Learning the AXE FX II XL I'm trying to create a few custom patches and I noticed it looks like there are some missing Amp / cabs.
EVH 5150
Perhaps I have not installed something correctly?

AXE FX II XL
Installed FW 17p04

Does the V15_Factory_Presets_XL.zip need to be re-installed after every firmware update?

Attachments

• AXEFX_Cab_missing_1.jpg
    AXEFX_Cab_missing_1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
there maybe a misprint in the wikki(maybe) but your attachment is amps, not IR'S. the 5153 amps are to simulate the 5150 III.

if you scroll down to evh 5150 in the wikki for cabs it gives you the factory cab # for the 5150 IR'S. you have to find them in cabs in axe edit not in amps.

Does the V15_Factory_Presets_XL.zip need to be re-installed after every firmware update?

No. The factory presets have not been updated since FW15, so they won't include any settings that reflect block updates that have happened since FW15. Things like the new reverbs, choruses, flangers, preamp models, etc. will not be reflected in those presets. They will have to be tweaked manually until newer factory presets are released. You can use the UPDATE ALL AMPS ALL PRSTS option under the PRESETS page of the UTILTY menu to update all the amp block defaults for all of your presets at once. You'll still have to listen to each preset and re-tweak them for any audible changes the update may have made. If you create new presets from scratch, they will always start with the current firmware's defaults regardless of how old your presets are.

Back
Top Bottom