Not enough intelligence here to setup intelligent pitch shifter - please help!

vangrieg

Fractal Fanatic
Nothing in this life makes me feel stupid like intelligent pitch shifters, and Axe FX isn't an exception - I'm staring into it, totally clueless and helpless, unable to figure out even how to start approaching it. So maybe somebody more intelligent than I can help?

Here's my problem: I need to create a harmony to a voice. The voice is descending in semitones from D to G# and then ascends to A (8 steps).

The harmony voice should do D (unison) and then ascend to E, F, G, A, A, G#, A

I've spent hours and still don't get it. Guess I need to tweak the modifiers, but how?

Use custom shifter block type. Set voice 2 level to 0. Note the "voice 1 scale" parameter value (default is 1 which is fine if you didn't use this global scale already). Go to GLOBAL: SCALES and configure this scale # to shift each of those notes to desired harmony.

D = 0, C# = +3, C = +5, etc.

Ah, damnit. Now I did, and there's the voice scale parameter. But fur the life of me, where do I enter the scale itself?

Hot dammit! That's the trick! Who'da thunk it? You are my savior, thanks so much, I could have spent another week trying to figure this out!

Bakerman knows his chit! probably one of the if not the most silent superpowers here on the forum when it comes to the Axe.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom