Not enough input gain?

at this point I'm starting to wonder if I'm just insane and it's enough gain and that I just want SO much more lmao
Hey I tried your patch. I used it cabless because i'm running a mesa 412 with a matrix power amp. I find that the compressor kind of kills the attack and gain for me. Without it I had to lower the gain to about 5.7.

Sorry for the late post on the preset and example. I'm using the first scene with the EVH 5153 Red channel.

NOTE: In the preset the Input Boost is ON and in the example I have it turned off so if you try it out, turn the input boost OFF.

Not enough gain? What?!

Those samples have too much dynamic range so gain is clearly too low:

lim (dynamic range) = 0
gain→∞

Alright I have determined that I've lost my mind and I'm terrible at listening LMAO

That being said, to anybody that followed this thread in the future, the input boost is sick so use it if you want that XTRA

thanks for the input everyone

Alright I have determined that I've lost my mind and I'm terrible at listening LMAO

That being said, to anybody that followed this thread in the future, the input boost is sick so use it if you want that XTRA

thanks for the input everyone
You do know that your Input Trim parameter adds Gain, (or reduces) without affecting your tone.. it is just pure clean level & has no interaction with the tone pots, unlike Input Drive. So, just to give you yet another option.

If it's volume, turn up the amp's volume watching your meters. If you want more input gain, throw a drive block in front of the amp block. It was taught here that you can set the gain on the drive block to 0, then increase output and mix, which will push the amp. I use it a lot when I want more aggression without way too much distortion, to muddy things up.

I have exactly the opposite problem.. Both of my AX8 and Axe-FX3 connect my Mayones Regius (Bare Knuckle Aftermath pickups)
Even the input gain set the minimum, it clips when I palm mute the lowest string.

I have exactly the opposite problem.. Both of my AX8 and Axe-FX3 connect my Mayones Regius (Bare Knuckle Aftermath pickups)
Even the input gain set the minimum, it clips when I palm mute the lowest string.

Try MBC block; watch Leon Todd’s (2112) video on it.

It's a common misconception that EMGs are super hot pickups. they're not.

They respond very differently to passive pickups and have a much different impedance, but they're not all that much louder than most passives.

How much gain do you need bro? That audio clip you sent is like 100% the most gain I would ever need for anything and would rarely go to unless if was a screamin' bitchin' solo!! Then again, I mostly play pop gigs.

Back
Top Bottom