[Not bugs] Bug: Multiplexer 1 and Plex Delay 1

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I was trying out the different effects blocks in a preset and when I selected the Multiplexer 1 and hit enter there was no sound at all with the effect on. I tried it several times with the same result. Changing the volume in the block made no difference at all.

Seems to be a problem with Plex Delay 1 also. It works but drops the overall volume of the preset a lot whether it is engaged or not of you select that for the block. If you delete the block completely the volume is back to the same as before you added the block.

All the other effects blocks I tried so far seem fine except for these two.

Last edited:
Multiplexer isn’t a delay.

What type and what is the mix of the Plex Delay block?

I couldn't tell what the multiplexer was because there is sound when you select that as your block.
The mix of the Plex Delay block is what ever it was from the factory. I never tried selecting that as a block before tonight.

Chris I just turned the Axe FXIII back on tried adding the Plex delay 1 block again so I could see what the factory mix level was for you. It was set to 10%. I tried changing it from between 0% and 100% and when it was on 0 it was level of the preset was the same whether or not the block was engaged. The higher you set the mix of the Plex Delay the lower the volume of the preset even when the effect is turned off. At 100% there is no sound in the preset at all with the effect bypassed, but with the effect engaged you can hear the effect when the effect is turned on.

Last edited:
What is the bug you’re reporting?

I already detailed it as clearly as I could:

"when I selected the Multiplexer 1 and hit enter there was no sound at all with the effect on."

"Seems to be a problem with Plex Delay 1 also. It works but drops the overall volume of the preset a lot whether it is engaged or not of you select that for the block. If you delete the block completely the volume is back to the same as before you added the block."

Multiplexer is sort a of mixer / routing tool. Depending on its settings it's possible that the signal is interrupted when the block is engaged and therefore muted.

...when I selected the Multiplexer 1 and hit enter there was no sound at all with the effect on.
The Multiplexer selects one row from the grid and only passes that one row. If you engage it, and there's nothing feeding it from that row, there's no sound to pass, so it will faithfully pass no sound.

"when I selected the Multiplexer 1 and hit enter there was no sound at all with the effect on."
do you know what the Multiplexer block does? if not, please don't report a bug on a block you aren't familiar with.

Chris I just turned the Axe FXIII back on tried adding the Plex delay 1 block again so I could see what the factory mix level was for you. It was set to 10%. I tried changing it from between 0% and 100% and when it was on 0 it was level of the preset was the same whether or not the block was engaged. The higher you set the mix of the Plex Delay the lower the volume of the preset even when the effect is turned off. At 100% there is no sound in the preset at all with the effect bypassed, but with the effect engaged you can hear the effect when the effect is turned on.
this sounds like how "Mute Fx ___" Bypass Modes work in all delay blocks.

if you set the Bypass Mode to "Thru" does it work how you expect it to?

please don't report something as a Bug if you aren't sure. it sends people on wild goose chases. perhaps just make a thread asking questions, but don't title it as "bug." thanks. we take bug reports seriously, but unfortunately many reports are not bugs at all.

it also helps to reference the manual before reporting bugs. it describes the MUX block:
Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.40.16 PM.png

i just tested the Plex Delay and MUX blocks - everything works as expected; FW 1.07.

Last edited:
Seems to be a problem with Plex Delay 1 also. It works but drops the overall volume of the preset a lot whether it is engaged or not of you select that for the block. If you delete the block completely the volume is back to the same as before you added the block.
Sounds like you have the Plex Delay's Bypass Mode set to MUTE FX IN or MUTE FX OUT. That's normal behavior for those modes. If you want the block to have no effect on signal level when bypassed, set Bypass Mode to THRU.

EDIT: @chris beat me to it.

Sounds like you have the Plex Delay's Bypass Mode set to MUTE FX IN or MUTE FX OUT. That's normal behavior for those modes. If you want the block to have no effect on signal level when bypassed, set Bypass Mode to THRU.

Thanks Rex. I'll check that. I never changed it from whatever the factory default was.

Thanks Rex. I'll check that. I never changed it from whatever the factory default was.
Glad to help.

Often, the factory default bypass mode for effects with tails is MUTE FX IN. This lets the tails ring out when you bypass the block.

EDIT: @chris beat me to it.

Thanks Rex! That was it! It was set from the factory on MUTE FX IN which caused the behavior that made me think it was a bug. Setting it to Thru fixed the problem.

Reactions: Rex
The Multiplexer selects one row from the grid and only passes that one row. If you engage it, and there's nothing feeding it from that row, there's no sound to pass, so it will faithfully pass no sound.

Thanks Rex! That was the info I needed. Thanks for helping me figure out why the issues were happening.

The moderator can delete this thread, as neither one of the issues I thought were bugs were actually bugs.

Thanks Rex! That was the info I needed. Thanks for helping me figure out why the issues were happening.

The moderator can delete this thread, as neither one of the issues I thought were bugs were actually bugs.
It’s good to leave these around so if someone else has a similar thought, they can read previous discussions to learn.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom