Not allowed to mail the Axe-FX (or any other item containing batteries)

Piing

Axe-Master
I’ve got an unexpected and stupid backlash at the Thai Post Office. For security and legal reasons, they do not allow to post items containing batteries. Even an internal small CR2450 battery, like the Axe-FX. They told me that a violation may cost you up to two years in jail and/or a $2,400 fine.

Is Thailand the only country that is enforcing this regulation? I am reading the regulations of several couriers and post offices around the world, and they all say that it is not allowed.

:astonished::fearscream: :mad:

I finally sold it locally. I didn't want to give the buyer the pain and risk of having to open the unit to install a battery.

I am wondering if this is going to spread to the post services of other countries

most air shipments have strict lithium ion battery policies. it needs to be clearly marked with a specific label on the package so it can be transported safely.

watch batteries shouldn't be an issue, but it's up to the country.

I bought an AXE-FX III from USA (REVERB) last year and no issues shipping with USPS to Hong Kong. Not sure if this is very new regulations.
I fly frequently and was once told that batteries in checked in luggage are not ok, BUT if the battery is installed in the product, camera, camcorder, laptop etc, It would be ok according to an airline check in staff.

Back
Top Bottom