Not a Single Issue

Severed

Fractal Fanatic
Got my FM3 unit Friday June 26th, 3 days from ordered to arrived :cool:

There was a QC card attached (I though it had a date but I was wrong), and the FM3 booted up with 1.04 and the updated factory presets from June 5th.

After initial power up and testing direct to a pair of Atomic CLR's, I ran though a few factory presets, all good, no issues.

I then installed the drivers, FM3-Edit and updated Fractal Bot on both my Win7 Home laptop and my Win10 Pro desktop.

Everything connects as expected on both systems. Windows audio lets me select the FM3 for speakers and performs as expected, outputting audio through the FM3 on both machines.

Using Ableton Live 9 and no issues running 4x4 over USB with that DAW on either machine. Also tried Audacity, and Tracktor, and while I have a few more DAW's its working with all these, and I experience no latency from playback while tracking, in fact I laid down a few tracks while running a midi drum machine (superior drummer 2) from a track within Ableton as a test to jam with, and no issues at all keeping perfect time.

FM3-Edit works 100% while also using Axe-Edit for the Axe-Fx II and running both at the same time, switching between their USB, again no issues. I loaded all the IR's I own and imported all the freely shared presets I could find, again no issues with any of them.

No lock ups, the FM3 has been on for 29 hours now, no noticeable fan noise, no timeouts, no glitches, no display issues. I've not tried to intentionally overload the CPU.

Saving the best for last, as I run 4CM with an EVH 5150III 6L6 50 watt, the scene midi block switches its channels seamlessly! Further it took very little time to recreate my 4 main Axe-Fx II 4CM presets.

Thanks FAS and team, as always, I will be a customer for life.

Last edited:
Great! Only thing is concerning me at this time is the latency I’m getting on reaper... not huge but still noticeable. Even my old eleven rack was latency free, so hopefully this machine could do it to in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom