Not a long review, but a review nonetheless.

Hey everyone,

I was one of the first to get my hands on an FM9, unfortunately at that time I wasn’t going to be in a great position financially. With our son on the way, we just couldn’t keep it so I ended up selling it before I could ever use it.

I’m in a much better place now and I just received my Turbo. I had an Axe FX II back in 2017 or so and it was great, I loved it. But again, I had to sell it due to financial stress.

In 2021 I ordered a Helix and made payments on it through AMS. Bless their hearts for trusting everyone. I managed with that for about a year and a half and my consensus is this: The Helix is great but doesn’t hold a candle to the Fractal stuff sonically. The factory presets and cabs are laughable and it takes a lot of work to get a good sound.

I feel like I can actually make music with the FM9. The factory presets are excellent and even creating my own presets is easy and requires almost no tweaking.

I also love that Fractal products come with third party cabs that are proven excellent. That’s something L6 cannot say.

I appreciate the efforts Fractal goes through to create an awesome product at a great price. Being able to fire it up, find a stock preset and play is amazing to me. I plan on making my own sounds but having record ready sounds gets me tracking guitars.

I also got a Deepmind 12 the other day and I just run it through the FM9. I haven’t used any effects yet as the Deepmind has them built in but I’m sure it will serve as a great piece of outboard gear when I want some effects added.

All in all, I’m very happy with the FM9 and when I finally buy a home, I will be buying the Axe Fx III Turbo with an FC-12.

Thanks again Fractal team.

Back
Top Bottom