Not a Les Paul fan but....

LOL, it hasn't sold. Yet(?). Sellers can ask for the moon, but it doesn't mean someone will actually deliver it to them.

The thing is. If you search on eBay for an old LP, there's a '55 at around £20k. An older LP for a fraction of the price.

Yep. By the same line of reasoning that would lead someone to pay that much for this guitar, all the chicks should be wanting me.

If you can drop a quarter of a million on a guitar, then you automatically have game! pay to play or not... you will have a fan club!

I'm guessing that the price is like it is as it would be a collector only that would be interested in it.

However, if it's the guitar I think it MIGHT be (and looks like), my college room mate used to own it, and I played it for about 2 yrs - but only at home. He "inherited" the guitar from the prior owner (who passed away from ALS in 1984) who was given it by the original owner (a major artist who shall remain nameless) . A couple of years later the original owner was in town and my friend "returned" the guitar to him - who basically said thanks and walked out the door with it !!

One thing tho.. the fretboard, frets, inlays and knobs appear to have been "refurbished".. there's no way a *PLAYED* '58 LP Custom would look that clean after 50+ yrs. Tho'.. should it be the guitar I think it is, I don't believe the "major artist" in question ever used it on albums or on tour due to back problems...

But I have been wrong before.. and the memories fade.. so... YMMV

Back
Top Bottom