[NOT A BUG] Values in Q5.0 incorrectly set?

simonp54

Experienced
@FractalAudio ... @edo asked a question about parameter values on the Class-A 30W TB having "regressed" to values that were in FW 2.01... just need confirmation that the latest FW amp modelling *should* use these values or is this an error?

PREAMP PAGE PARAMETERS:
Namely --- PREAMP BIAS and HARMONICS
in LATEST = -0.020 and 0.750
in FW 4.xx = -0.400 and 0.000
in FW 2.01 = -0.020 and 0.750
in FW 2.00 = -0.400 and 0.000
(PREAMP HARDNESS also changed between FW2.00 and 2.01 from 9.2 to 8.2) but is consistent across recent FWs...

"Not a bug" does this mean the values are "correct"?
Ps only posted here because I felt it was getting lost in the "FW" thread

"Not a bug" does this mean the values are "correct"?
I'll make a guess: correct in so much as they match the reference Cliff was using for this model. Not a bug because, if you don't like the way it sounds, you can change them.

I'll make a guess: correct in so much as they match the reference Cliff was using for this model. Not a bug because, if you don't like the way it sounds, you can change them.
Whilst "guesses" are nice, and you are probably right... i just really wanted confirmation that these "old" values are correct for the NEW firmware... rather than "incorrect" and therefore "a bug" in the defaults.
I'm happy that this thread is "characterised" as [not a bug] for Fractals own metrics... but just want the confirmation that these values ARE what Cliff intended as DEFAULTS...

which reminds me... there is another issue surrounding DEFAULTS in AxeEdit... i'll raise another thread for that.

-0.020 and 0.750 are the values when selecting that model, using "Latest Modeling".
"Not a bug", as remarked by Cliff, means that those values are correct.

Back
Top Bottom