[NOT A BUG] Tuner is off a bit

sirus1987

Inspired
I checked the tuner fractal Axe FX III tuner against the ST-200 strobe tuner and the fractal reads a bit flat. I did also check to make sure they were both A=440.00. I also run into a korg pitch black> axe fx III and the korg matches the sonic stomp almost perfectly.

I actually just tried again and it was nearly perfect, but right before I posted this it was like 7 or 8 cents flat. It was huge difference. I was back and forth to make sure. This time the strobe on the axe and bar above it were not matching though. The strobe was showing perfect and the bar was showing like 3 cents sharp. I did also switch the axe on and off between this post and the first. Possible bug?

1 instance that’s not repeatable isn’t really a bug. If you can recreate it let us know. Thanks.

Do you have a tone generator on your computer? You could give the Axe's input a 440Hz frequency and see what it shows.

Was the III connected to a DAW and was the DAW’s sample rate different from 48 kHz?

Yes, Ill make a video tonight. I also just stumbled across someone else in the facebook forum that had the same issue.

Im playing into the korg tuner-> into the instrument input of the Axe FX. Im not even plugged into my computer right now. Another thing that maybe I didnt make clear is that the two tuners, the strobe and and the horizontal one that measures cents, are off from each other. The horizontal one is always showing sharp and the strobe is inconsistent with my other tuners. Sometimes its good, sometimes its not- the strobe that is. My axe fx II was more consistent. And to be clear, I'm not knocking the unit. I just think this is a simple and easily fixable bug. Again, video soon.

I don't know in the III but on the II the 8-ball tuner and the horizontal one take the pitch information from different sources. When they don't agree, it is time to change the strings.

I've had tuner and intonation issues that were the result of old strings or strings with some inconsistency in the windings (on strings 4 through 6).

Back
Top Bottom