[Not a Bug] Preset changes not showing up in Preset page

tlainhart

Inspired
Mark II - 5.03

Manually edit one of the factory presets, by going to the configuration page, Nav'ing to an existing block, press Enter, Value to a different effect, and press Enter again. Serial or Parallel, 'X' state - doesn't matter. From the configuration page, you can edit the values of the block, hear your the results of your changes, etc.

Now select Exit to return to the main page, and see that the block that had the previous value now has nothing in its text area, and is not bypass-able via a footswitch - as if its value is 'None". However, the block effect can still be heard.

I've previously used FX-8 Edit to make changes, with no problem.

i don't understand. are you going to the CFG page, changing the effect, then going to the FS (Footswitch) page where the previous effect is gone but you still hear the new effect?

if so, yes. the FS page is only what the Footswitches control. that entire page can be blank and you'll hear the effects in the preset.

Hi Chris - thanks for replying.

Yes - you've got it right. On the footswitch page, block/pedal 6 is shown as 'DLY'. Goto CFG page, change slot '6' from 'DLY' to (say) 'MTD', and fiddle with its parms if you like. Go back to the footswitch page, and note that the block display for '6' is now empty - no text. The MTD effect is on, and the physical switch behaves as if the block has been set to 'NONE'. Saving the preset (or not) has no effect on changing the footswitch page to show the effect name, or allow enabling/disabling the effect.

I must be missing something obvious?

-- Todd

I must be missing something obvious?
Yes. The Footswitch Page doesn’t automatically update, because you put things where you want. The 6th effect doesn’t automatically populate FS 6 slot. It worked that way at very first, but then you couldn’t change your foot switches. Drive pedals were always the top left switch for many people, it what if you wanted it on the bottom right? You couldn’t do it. FW 3.0 changed that behavior and it’s much better.

Again, the FS Page can be completely blank and you’ll get all the sound since the CFG Page is where the actual effects “live.” If you remove an effect from the CFG Page, it will disappear at from the FS Page because it’s not in the preset anymore.

Simply go to the FS Page and put what you want in that empty space. There’s no such thing as a “Preset Page” or at least what you’re describing. It’s the Footswitch Page.

Thank you Chris. I knew I must be missing something - that there couldn't be such an obvious "bug".

That was a very concise and thorough explanation. For whatever reason, I was thinking that the CFG page also described the FS page assignments.

Back
Top Bottom