Not a Bug.. (Pre) Cab block panning and test preset

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I discovered a bug with the cab block.

Firmware 1.13 beta.

If you have the cab block input set to stereo, with a single IR, panned center. And then pan the block just before the cab block to the right, it mutes the signal?

If you have the cab block input set to stereo, with 2 IRs, panned hard left and right. Any panning done before the cab block works as expected.

In the included test preset, the first 3 scenes have the amp block panned left, center, right, via channels A, B, and C. The next 3 scenes have the amp block set up the same way, but this time the cab block is set to Channel B, and has 2 IRs, panned hard left and right to demonstrate the difference.

Attachments

• (Pre) Cab block - pan bug test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
The 2nd slot defaults to the “right” side data. Not sure this is a bug. If no IR is in the 2nd slot, no right data will come out?

Owners Manual:

"STEREO mode processes L+R input channels independently"
Also check the diagram on page 66, which clarifies this.

If there's no signal in the Right channel going into a stereo Cab block, that side will be muted when IRs 2 and 4 in the Cab block are muted.

Ah, okay. This is different than the way the other platforms work. I should have checked the manual first, my bad.

I discovered this when porting over some presets from the other platforms. I had one amp block panned left, and another panned right, to access individual IRs in a stereo 'X' cab block. But in another scene, the 'Y' cab block was mono with a different IR, with only one of the amp blocks active. In the other platforms, the panning was irrelevant going into a mono cab block.

I will adjust my methods accordingly the new platform. This old dog will have to learn a new trick....lol...;)

Thanks @yek and @chris......:cool:

Reactions: yek
Edited the thread title. Hopefully others that may run across this situation will find this information useful?

Reactions: yek
Ah, okay. This is different than the way the other platforms work. I should have checked the manual first, my bad.

I discovered this when porting over some presets from the other platforms. I had one amp block panned left, and another panned right, to access individual IRs in a stereo 'X' cab block. But in another scene, the 'Y' cab block was mono with a different IR, with only one of the amp blocks active. In the other platforms, the panning was irrelevant going into a mono cab block.

I will adjust my methods accordingly the new platform. This old dog will have to learn a new trick....lol...;)

Thanks @yek and @chris......:cool:
i think the 3's cab block uses "stereo input" where the 2's is more "stereo output." in the 2, we used a "stereo" cab to blend 2 IRs regardless of panning. with the 3, we already have 4 slots for blending without changing that Input Mode. so just don't change to Stereo and i think it will do what you've done before.

Back
Top Bottom