[NOT A BUG] Power Amp Modeling gets turned off via midi

LZRBeam

Had a strange problem during last night's gig. I'm running version 8.0 in the AXE II XL+. I use a Berhinger FCB1010 controller with the latest UNO chip.

All was well for the first 15 or so songs. At one point I switched presets, and noticed my tone sounded odd, almost as if the amp block was bypassed. I turned around to look at the AXE display, and rather than being on the preset display, it was on the global menu display. I thought maybe the output EQ had been corrupted somehow, so I checked the EQ page, no problem found. After struggling for a few minutes, I had to move on with the set, but my tone was really dinged up. No guts, just a really clean sound,and the output overload indicators were flashing on peaks. Not a big deal for the song we were playing but nevertheless, a bit annoying. I struggled through a few more songs, and then decided to check the global menu one more time. Then I found the problem. The power amp modeling parameter was set to "off". I'm very certain I didn't turn it off during my troubleshooting process. The only explanation I can come up with is somehow the power amp modeling got turned off during the preset change. I turned power amp modeling back on and all was well for the rest of the night.

I've looked through the manual, thinking there might be a CC# to turn off the power amp modeling remotely, but I don't see a way to do that. (I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that anyway.)

Anyone else ever have this issue? Is it possible the FCB1010 is sending an invalid message that causes this to happen?

Agreed. System settings are not intentionally midi controllable....... It makes me wonder if there is some sort of invalid message that the Behringer is clobbering the Axe with that might explain the behavior.

Back
Top Bottom