[NOT A BUG] Noise with Axe-Fx II

LoradFader

Hi,

i uploaded two files:

File 1:
ESP Guitar -> short Cable -> AXE in Front -> Spdif Out -> Fireface
Nothing else is pluged in (Power Cable and Spdif in/out )

File 2:
ESP Guitar -> same short Cable -> Fireface -> Bias AMP Plugin

As you can hear there is a huge difference in the noise level.
I would say with the Bias AMP Plugin acceptable but with the AXE FX not.
I get the same noise Level with the AXE when i listen through the Headphones Out.

I made the same Test with this Setup:
ESP Guitar -> Roland GR 55 - Headphones
No Noise Gate / Guitar Pick up / No Guitar modelling
The noise was even lower than with the Bias AMP

I dont think that this is normal. Maybe a hardware problem ?

Attachments

• noise.zip
    705.1 KB · Views: 13
  • HG-Djentlemanly.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Way not enough info to help.....sounds to me like a very badly tweaked AXFX preset, perhaps with the Cab block disabled...less input gain , more Amp level may be a way to start. But until you have enough forum posts to post the offending preset correctly, our help is limited at best. All your presets can't sound that bad......scroll a few. ...are you using AXEEDit yet....it may help get a handle on what is reallly happening ...

Cool...I will check it later.. maybe some of the hi-gain mavens here can have a peek at it..djent ain't my strong suit.....

Thanks!
But i dont this that its this preset. All high gain Sounds in my AXE sound like this.

Even with a Crunch Sound you can hear the noise when a tone is rining out.
First i thought i must be my pickup and some interference but the fact that the Plugin and the Roland GR 55 dosent produce this noise makes me wonder.

The other thing you might check...the SPDIF in your interface needs to be set to to 48k to match the AXE..don't know how it's done on Fireface.....but maybe u should check.

Maybe for 4 Years more or less. And yes it was used.
At the start i was trying to avoid this problem with a gate and some tweaks but in the end it was more frustrating that i started to use Plugins for the high gain und crunch stuff.
The Noise is even there when i unplug the spdif and listen trough the Headphones

Weelll, looks to me like nothing really out of the ordinary on the preset, typical high gain ,I was able to quell any noise with a very modest setting on the input gate which was off (I did convert it to AX8via fractool) ...is that what you were using or a gate block? You. May indeed have hardware issues.....

normally i use the Gate on the input. But this noise is too loud to get rid of it with a gate.
When i let ring out a tone the noise will be noticeable after a few seconds.

Did you try a global reset of unit and redownloading of latest firmware..?
This is what i will try next. Latest Firmeware is on!

I tried to plug in some other sound sources than my guitar.
I Pluged in my Yamaha Stage Piano and the noise was the same.
But then i pluged in my old Alesis Drum Computer SR-16 and the noise was gone?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom