[Not a Bug] Multiplexer block no longer seamless in 1.09 beta 1 & 2

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
I have a complicated patch that uses the multiplexer to get a seamless change & I noticed a very audible gap since I first loaded 1.09 beta 1. I was hopping beta 2 would fix it but it doesn't. I set up a very simple patch to check it. Input on row 3, Amp 1 on row 2, amp 2 on row 4, multiplexer block, cab block & out 1 on row 3. The 2 amps are identical. There is a very noticeable gap no matter how I switch scenes (manually on the Axe or with the MFC) or just manually changing the channel in the Multiplexer. No Axe Edit or computer even connected. This all worked great in 1.08.

I can in a while but it's a super basic preset, input, 2 amps on separate rows, multiplexer, cab & output.
MULTIPLEX_TEST.JPG

1. The two amps are not identical.
2. You have a different channel for Amp 1 in each scene.
3. You have a different channel for the Cab in each scene.
4. The gap is so short that it's barely noticeable.

Last edited:
1. The two amps are not identical.
2. You have a different channel for Amp 1 in each scene.
3. You have a different channel for the Cab in each scene.
4. The gap is so short that it's barely noticeable.

Only concerned with scenes 1 & 2, amps are both Solo 88 on channel A, cab did have 2 different channels but when I set them to the same channel in scenes 1 & 2, the gap is still the same. It used to be seamless.

Attachments

• TEST.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
OK, I figured out what is happening. If you change the multiplexer channel by changing scene, there is a quick gap. If you assign a cc# to the Multiplexer channel & change it directly & not change scene, it is seamless.

Back
Top Bottom