Not a Bug Looper: Undo appears to be non-functional

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
On Axe-Fx MK1, Q9.03, undo is not removing the overdub "take" recorded between stack on and stack off, not even with the front panel. Using front panel, the circle for undo goes dark briefly, but has no impact on a just-recorded stack/overdub. All other CC functions on the axe-fx are working, and looper rec, play, dub/stack, and stop are all working and they're responding to CC.

Also, undo doesn't appear to be responding to CC. When assigning CC and sending at value 000 or 127, the circle for undo does not change, even briefly, on front panel display. I verified CC is being sent on the correct channel as well. I even tried selecting "none" in i/o looper section and using only front panel. Same result as first paragraph.

I wanted to add undo to my footswitch looper bank today and ran into this problem.

Per manual & wiki:

UNDO – This removes the most recently recorded overdub. Undo removes a given “take,” defined as everything between when you pressed STACK to start overdub recording and when you turned it off.

BTW, in i/o under looper, there is no "stack" it's still labeled as "dub".

More info:
Axe-Fx MK1
Mode: Mono
Quantize: Off
Record Beats: 0
Threshold: Off
Play Immediately: On

Last edited:
That's the problem then. Set to "mono undo" to have undo ability. Works as expected here on a Mark II.

Arrrg! mono undo cuts max recording time in half. There goes Floyd's "wish you were here" intro loop.

Now I remember why I never added undo and why I can't add it now.

If you keep "half" enabled (use modifier for this) it will double the available time. That will halve the samplerate but it might work fine for the part.

Placing looper before dedicated amp/cab blocks would help minimize high freq. loss, but the improvement will be more noticeable with more distorted tones.

Back
Top Bottom