NOT A BUG: Input EQ not flat by default on some Amp models?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I don't know if this is by design, but I was playing around this morning and accidentally discovered that Input EQ is not flat by default on some Amp models.

I have not used the Input EQ much other than occasionally experimenting as I was today.

On the Bludojai Lead I the low cut is quite pronounced (462 Hz, I think).

I reset the block, but that appears default. The Bludojai Lead II has it set, but much lower.

I tried a handful of other amps and some are flat and others are not.

The Boutique (I don't remember which one) also had a non-flat setting.

I also tested on a brand new preset with only an Amp block.

My assumption is that this is a bug as I would not expect any non-flat Input EQ settings.

Last edited:
Yep, mine too. My guess is that these settings are the "baked in" ones that it took to match the real amp, and the sliders just didn't get reset to flat.

Not a bug. Some amps have a built-in low cut. Usually implemented as a reduced coupling capacitor value at the output of the input buffer stage.
Ok, cool.

So I assume prior to having access to the Input EQ, it was already there in the modeling but was just not exposed?

Ok, cool.

So I assume prior to having access to the Input EQ, it was already there in the modeling but was just not exposed?
It was exposed..

We've always had an input low cut, It is just shown in two tabs in the Axe-Fx III.

The 'Low Cut Freq' parameter in the 'Preamp' tab, is the same parameter. It still exists in the Axe-Fx III, but is also shown in the new 'Input EQ' tab. They are 'linked', so if you change the 'Low Cut Frequency' parameter in the 'Preamp' tab, it also changes the 'Low Cut' parameter in the 'Input EQ' tab.... and vice versa.

However, the 'High Cut Freq' in the 'Preamp' tab and the 'High Cut' in the 'Input EQ' tab are not the same parameter, and is not shown in the new 'Input EQ' page, because it is applied at the output of the preamp section. low and high cuts 1.png low and high cuts 2.png low and high cuts 3.png

It was exposed..

We've always had an input low cut, It is just shown in two tabs in the Axe-Fx III.

The 'Low Cut Freq' parameter in the 'Preamp' tab, is the same parameter. It still exists in the Axe-Fx III, but is also shown in the new 'Input EQ' tab. They are 'linked', so if you change the 'Low Cut Frequency' parameter in the 'Preamp' tab, it also changes the 'Low Cut' parameter in the 'Input EQ' tab.... and vice versa.

However, the 'High Cut Freq' in the 'Preamp' tab and the 'High Cut' in the 'Input EQ' tab are not the same parameter, and is not shown in the new 'Input EQ' page, because it is applied at the output of the preamp section. View attachment 51527 View attachment 51528 View attachment 51529
I realized after Cliff mentioned it that (duh!) we have had the Low Cut. :)

BUT I did not realize they were linked, so thanks for expounding on the other info!

I'm assuming the Definition parameter (on both sections) is also linked?

My computer is down for repairs, so doing everything from the front panel... So things look a little different, but makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom