[not a bug] FC-6 tuner pitch doesn't match Axe-Fx display

Kamil Kisiel

Power User
In some cases the display of the pitch is different. For example when tuning a string to Bb, the Axe-FX shows Bb but the FC-6 shows A#. Actually I think Axe-Edit does this too but it's much more jarring with the FC especially if in the midst of tuning you look away and then look back at one of the other displays .

Not a bug. Intentional. There’s no flat symbol in the FC’s character set. Notes are equivalent.

I know they are equivalent, but i find it disorienting to see an A on one screen and a B on the other. It’s unfortunate there’s no flat symbol possible on the FC, but maybe the Axe could just show a sharp in that case? It’s not consistent with its usage of sharps or flats either.

I know they are equivalent, but i find it disorienting to see an A on one screen and a B on the other. It’s unfortunate there’s no flat symbol possible on the FC, but maybe the Axe could just show a sharp in that case? It’s not consistent with its usage of sharps or flats either.

Normally, in a live situation, you’ll probably only be seeing the fc one anyways

Funny thing is that the Axe-FX displays sharps for some notes and flats for others. For example it has C# and F# but the Ab, Bb and Eb

Funny thing is that the Axe-FX displays sharps for some notes and flats for others. For example it has C# and F# but the Ab, Bb and Eb
That’s no different from key signatures in written music. There’s a key of Eb, but there’s no key of D#.

Last edited:
As it stands right now, if I am tuning my guitar half a step down it means according to the Axe FX display I tune to Eb Ab C# F# Bb Eb. It just seems unnecessarily ackward

Ahh, so it's OK for the one display you'll look at to be incorrect, but not for the screen you don't look at. Got it!

Ahh, so it's OK for the one display you'll look at to be incorrect, but not for the screen you don't look at. Got it!
I see what you did there. The FC's display has no flat sign, unless you cut one out and paste it on. The device that does have a flat sign was made to use it.

Just wondering out loud here .... FC has no flat sign in its display character set.... A lowercase B "b" is the "flat sign. I believe the display can show lower case Alpha characters. I am missing something here ???? - thanks - again just wondering out loud :)

An option for only sharps or flats would be nice. Just use lowercase "b" for flat on FC.

If it remained one non-adjustable system, avoiding goofy intervals (Ab-C#, F#-Bb) in probably the most common tuning where this would be relevant (half step below standard) is a good enough reason to use all flats IMO.

Back
Top Bottom