Effects on/off not working via MIDI

smiles

Hi,
I have a Qantum 8.0 on my Mark2 which I just get on ebay. I plug my MIDI controller(BJ Devices TB11P) and found that I only can switch between X/Y setting of my working effects within preset. I can't switch on any effect via MIDI.

I also try to send MIDI CC messages from Logic, and get the same results.
For example, CC_49(Drive 1 Bypass) not working and CC_108(Drive 1 XY) works.

This MIDI controller can do a few things and all of them works:
tap tempo - works, tuner - works, expression pedals - works, PC - works, CC for XY switching or for Looper - works, CC for effects switch on/off - not working.

Can this be a bug of firmware/hardware or something else?

Somehow after few resets it start working with switching.

But on my previous mark2 if the effect is on dedicated knob is lighted on controller. Now it only lights when I press the button on controller.

I think there is some issue with midi out.

Also I can't make a full backup with FractalBot. When it starts the screen on Axe miss all the information and the device is freezed.
I also got Time-out problem with Axe-Edit and reset the settings file but still if I try to make a backup it doesn't work and I have to reset my Axe.

Check the CC number assignments in the I/O menu. Make sure they are set to the default values. The previous owner may have changed them.

Since you bought it used, I would do a system reset from the Utility menu to put everything back to the factory defaults. This will not change any presets or cabs, only the system parameters from the various menus.

thx mr_fender!
I already do this, so that's why my controller start works

But I still have the same issue with the FractalBot and BackUp procedure. After 2 seconds AxeFX is freezed and I have to reboot it.

I can post a link to video, but have only few comments.

Also, when I switch on/off some effects in Axe-EDIT my controller didn't receive any MIDI messages, so the LED lights not showing anything.

thx mr_fender!
I already do this, so that's why my controller start works

But I still have the same issue with the FractalBot and BackUp procedure. After 2 seconds AxeFX is freezed and I have to reboot it.

I can post a link to video, but have only few comments.

Also, when I switch on/off some effects in Axe-EDIT my controller didn't receive any MIDI messages, so the LED lights not showing anything.

Try a different USB cable or different port on your computer and see if it communicates any better.

Axe Edit does not sync with other controllers automatically. You have to save the preset and then reload it using the other controller for it to show any changes.

Try a different USB cable or different port on your computer and see if it communicates any better.

Axe Edit does not sync with other controllers automatically. You have to save the preset and then reload it using the other controller for it to show any changes.

I already work with another Mark2 and this controller, it works as I describe.

Something wrong with that unit, I tried to reset everything that I find in Axe menu.

FractalBot now working. In 2 hours I will check if the controller is works.

Thx for your advice!

Back
Top Bottom