delay block tc2290 no sound before the amp

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi guys ,
i m new with fractal and recently bought an axe fx .
i d like to submit a problem that i have with a delay block and on only with the tc2290s when i put it before the amp,
as a french U2 fan i m trying to create patches using a vox AC30 of course and the Tc2290 delay,
when i put the block before the amp ,i have no dealy sound with the tc2290 ,when i put it after the amp i have some delay , it s really strange ....when i select an other type of delay with my block before the amp instead of the 2290s it works !!!!
i ve tried to reset the delay block but it has not solved the problem and now , as an "apprentice" i don t know how to solve this problem , have i change something which has created this problem ???
so i need your help guys !!!! hope somebody will be able to give me the solution
thanks !!!!
Fabrice

Hi guys ,
i m new with fractal and recently bought an axe fx .
i d like to submit a problem that i have with a delay block and on only with the tc2290s when i put it before the amp,
as a french U2 fan i m trying to create patches using a vox AC30 of course and the Tc2290 delay,
when i put the block before the amp ,i have no dealy sound with the tc2290 ,when i put it after the amp i have some delay , it s really strange ....when i select an other type of delay with my block before the amp instead of the 2290s it works !!!!
i ve tried to reset the delay block but it has not solved the problem and now , as an "apprentice" i don t know how to solve this problem , have i change something which has created this problem ???
so i need your help guys !!!! hope somebody will be able to give me the solution
thanks !!!!
Fabrice

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Delay_effect#2290_Delay_not_audible.3F

hi hubertus
thanks for the link , i ve looked at it but is there any solution to put the tc2290 before the AC30 and have sound ???
thanks

hi hubertus
thanks for the link , i ve looked at it but is there any solution to put the tc2290 before the AC30 and have sound ???
thanks

Can you post the preset you are having problems with? I just messed with this. if you don't configure the delay to stereo it won't work! In the config tab you must change it to stereo

Last edited:
hi sixstring ,
i de like to post the preset but i m a new user and don t think i can already post it

it works .....
many thanks for your help , so easy for you , just one second to find the solution ,
me it s been few days i was trying and searching.......
next time i ll use the forum first !!!!!!

many thanks Hubertus ,
it works now !!!!
i m only discovering the axe .....really a new world for me .....

just a question Hubertus , what do you mean when you say that i m loosing "the original 2290s sound"??

i wouldn't worry. the edge is a massive 2290 user, of course and he runs everything before the amp

so it s the only way to put the 2290s before the AC30 as edge does , i ll try to put it before and after and see the differences on the sound ....
what do you advice guys ?? before or after the amp the delay for The Edge , crucial part of his sound....

it just depends on whether you want to play / record in mono or stereo. stereo sounds great with the 2290, because the phase reverse creates a very spacious soundscape. if you want authenticity for the edge's sound, then place it before the amp.

ps - there are many, many threads on here about the edge and his tones. it might be worth spending some time searching the forum

In front of a real AC30, you'd be using only one output from the 2290, so the phase reverse thing would be lost anyway. Putting the delay in front of the amp makes a big difference. The compression of the amp makes the echo repeats sit differently and more prominently in the mix relative to the dry signal. It changes the decay rate and sound of the echos. When the amp is being overdriven a bit, the repeats will get progressively cleaner as they decay away as well. Delay in front can sound more organic and dynamic with a clean or pushed clean amp, but is usually a train wreck in front of high gain amps. Delay after the amp will sound more polished, like precise copies of the signal fading away. It's more predictable and will have more clarity with overdriven sounds especially.

Hi mr fender , i really appreciate your explanation on delay , important for me as a U2fan.....so the sound of the 2290 will be more "real" after the amp rather than before and i loose the phase reverse if i put it on "none" if i understand what you and others have learned to me today.....

Depends on what you mean by "real". No right or wrong answer. It's just a matter of which response you prefer. Edge uses his 2290's in front of the amps, so if you want those sounds, put the delay block in front of the Amp block with phase reverse set to none.

Back
Top Bottom